Old 08-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default 2001 Maxum 2900 SCR Owners Manual

Hello All,

I'm a newbie here just getting ready to aquire my first Maxum! I'm sure most of you will probably understand how excited I am.

Anyway, I have a couple of weeks before everything is going to be ready so I can take delivery so I wanted to get familiar with the boat and its systems. The boat as indicated in the title is a 2001 2900 SCR with a 7.4 Merc and Bravo III out drive.

I tried to go to the Maxum Boats site to find an owners manual but for the year 2001, they are only showing a manual for a 2700SCR. Do you think this one will cover the 2900 or does anyone know of another place to look?

Any help or any comments or suggestions on the boat would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Cymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

Default Re: 2001 Maxum 2900 SCR Owners Manual

Welcome i have a 1999 2800scr which is the same boat with a differant interior trim,if you look under year 2002 you will find the owners manual 2955mu i believe

regds ashley

Old 08-13-2009, 02:25 AM   #3
Commander

I don't know if the cruiser manuals are different, but the Maxum runabout owners manuals go something like this..."This is a boat. You put it in water. Steer it with the round thing and make it go forward with the stick on the right."
racer2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:38 AM   #4
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer2c
I don't know if the cruiser manuals are different, but the Maxum runabout owners manuals go something like this..."This is a boat. You put it in water. Steer it with the round thing and make it go forward with the stick on the right."

HAHAHA!!!

Good one!

SP irate:
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #5
Lt. Commander

Thanks for the direction. I was looking more for advice on scheduled maintenance, fire suppression, generator operation, pressurized water system as well as general safety guidelines. That said, I'll do my best to drive it in a straight line. Cheers!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #6
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymru
Thanks for the direction. I was looking more for advice on scheduled maintenance, fire suppression, generator operation, pressurized water system as well as general safety guidelines. That said, I'll do my best to drive it in a straight line. Cheers!

well hopefully they will include all of the manuals that came with the boat....if not...find out what the manufacturers are on each item and you can contact them to get the manuals...ie ..genny...vacuflush...etc....
when I traded my boat in..the new owner was surprised to see I had all the manuals in the maxum bag that came with it....plus stuff that i added...so...hopefully he will be able to make repairs or service as needed...

SP irate:
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:48 PM   #7
Lt. Commander

Thanks all for the replies. I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions in the coming weeks. It's much appreciated!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #8
Lt. JG

I called and they sent me a copy for my 2800, took about a week.
Call 360-435-8957. That is the # for Maxum and they should be able to send you one at no cost. At least they use to. Congraluations on your new boat.
kenpo262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:03 AM   #9
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymru

well hopefully they will include all of the manuals that came with the boat....if not...find out what the manufacturers are on each item and you can contact them to get the manuals...ie ..genny...vacuflush...etc....
when I traded my boat in..the new owner was surprised to see I had all the manuals in the maxum bag that came with it....plus stuff that i added...so...hopefully he will be able to make repairs or service as needed...

SP irate:
That's a good point. My manual package consists of all of the manuals from the suppliers of the third party vendors i.e. engine, carpets, bimini, stereo etc. The folder is 3" thick. Maxum never did make a 'boat' specific owners manual that I ever saw.

racer2c is offline   Reply With Quote