Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 2001 maxum 2300sc owners manual

Hoping someone can point me to an owners manual for a 2001 maxum 2300sc premeire edition? Anyone else have the same boat? How do you like it?

Jhenry.iv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
Lieutenant

I recently bought a 2000 2300SC, 5.7 liter, Alpha One, carb. I love it!
I have not been able to find any manuals either.
I had found plenty of downloadable info on the outdrive. I do not have it handy but if you google the model + liter you are bound to come up with some good stuff. I had trouble finding a few things on the boat as well. Other here had helped.
I wonder if you purchased yours by Green Bay, I was going to look there but it sold before I got a chance..

spydermann22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Admiral

Jhenry welcome aboard. Frankly boat owners manuals have about as much info as you get when buying a Blu-ray player these days. The majority of the info you need is regarding the power train which is a mercruiser product (unlike cars only 2 companies make >90% of the sterndrive power for boats). I recommend buying an aftermarket mercruiers book. Other than that this site can help answer any other questions.

Good luck and enjoy

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
Admiral

If you look on the front of our webpage you can download one for your model but like what Mike say if your looking for a service manual for your engine and outdrive try a Clymer or Sealoc manual. You can find them on line any place boat stuff is sold or your marine store.

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:06 AM   #5
Ensign

Thanks for the help guys! One of the things I was specifically trying to find info on is the control max bow and stern thruster system. I'd like to find info on the specifics of the system.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:09 AM   #6
Ensign

Spydermann22, Sorry if I beat you to it. It was at skipper buds in Oshkosh, which is very close to green bay. Mine has the bravo 3 prop option with the 5.7l.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
Admiral

Jhenry, bow and stern thruster system on a 2300sc? Why would a 23 foot boat require bow and stern thrusters? Thruster move a boat side ways when docking but this is for big boats with lots of windage.

Do you mean trim that raises and lowers the outdrive to adjust the angle of the bows entry into the water when on plane?

Mike
Old 10-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #8
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

J, the standard Maxum owners manual isn't likely to have any info on the optional thruster system. That info will be contained within the manual provided by the thruster manufacturer and simply included with all the other paperwork when the boat was first delivered.

For instance; my boat came with an optional depth finder, stereo, sliding/fold flat seats. The operation of these are not covered in the Maxum owners manual, each has its own manufacturer supplied manual. For that matter, the engine and drive are not covered in the owners manual, each has it's own manufacturer supplied manual.

Best bet is to search for the manufacturer on the web.
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:44 AM   #9
Ensign

Ss3964spd,
Thank you for your helpful input. I'll have to see if I can figure our a manufacturer for the thrusters.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #10
Lieutenant

I have the manuals for that boat, but there is no information about the controlmax system. mmwjr, any size boat can benefit from the joystick system. Here a write-up about it.
http://www.boattest.com/Partners/Par...oid=134&p=0&s=
Old 10-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #11
Admiral

Jerryh3, I am fully aware of the benefits that thrusters provide. The reason for my questioning is the size of boat in question usually doesn't offer these as an option and new boaters sometimes mix up terminology. Additionally they cost a fair amount and for this size boat with not cost effective, but that is really up to the owner to decide. I was just trying to determine if he really had thrusters in order to provide the proper response.

With that said thursters can always be installed aftermarket. Also as ss stated the info would not be part of Maxum's manuals but a seperate manual from the thruster manufacture.

OK so my work computer blocked me from visiting the site Jerry posted. It seems maxum did offer a thruster system in the latter years. It appears to be a custom design and not from oneof the ussual manufactures.

Mike
Old 10-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #12
Admiral

I did a little WEB surfing as I became interested in what control max is. To the best I could uncover maxum developed this system and did not have a joint venture with any of the big thruster folks in doing so. I found a link to a sun deck model with the system that I have attached. It has some basic instructions for using the system and a wiring diagram. Hope this helps.

http://www.maxumboatparts.com/manuals/1700653.pdf

Mike
Old 10-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #13
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Interesting Mike, but I did pluck the following tid bit out of the manual, top of page 17. Appears Merc may have had a roll......

If your boat is equipped with the Control Max Docking System, read and understandthe
Mercury Docking System Operation, Maintenance & Warranty Manual.
Carefully follow all cautions and warnings.

Becky and I were on a friends brand new 32 foot Chapp two weekends ago. It has twins, fly-by-wire everything, and joy stick docking. Have to admit that it was pretty sweet, and for new boaters like them the joy stick makes life much less tense.
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #14
Admiral

No argument Dan. Can't tell you how many times I have been docking the boat only to have the wind blow the bow away at the last minute. Since I am in a boatel I tie up against a long floating pier so no piles to the other side to hold you there, just an adjacent boat being launch or retrieved.

Interesting that mercruiser help develop the system that they would not have marketed it to other builders as well. None the less merc still buys GM engines to maranize so I am assuming they did the same with the electric motors and other components for control max. I guess one would nned to contact merc for part if the system fails.

Mike
Old 10-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #15
Lieutenant

JHenry, I believe I talked to the owner - not skipperbuds. During our conversation he had mentioned that the batteries to the Thrusters were dead. I don't know if this is the reason for your post but thought I would share the info (it may not even be the same boat but chances are...)
The batteries would be small batteries (one battery for each thruster) similar to motorcycle or lawn tractor batteries. He said when he purchased the boat, they worked. They got weaker a few years later then he checked the batteries and they were dead. At a $100/ea he decided he didn't use them often enough, especially with the size of the boat-it was a cool option but not necessary so he did not re-install them. I hope this helps.
spydermann22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #16
Ensign

Jerryh3
Do you have the thrusters option on your boat?
Old 10-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #17
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhenry.iv View Post
Jerryh3
Do you have the thrusters option on your boat?
No