Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-16-2015, 11:21 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 2001 Maxum 2300 SR - Boat Ladder Replacement

My son accidently lost our 4 step slide mount ladder in the lake. I'm looking to order a replacement ladder for a 2001 Maxum 2300 SR. I ordered the Windline 4 step slide ladder, but it is too wide and will not install in the pocket. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jtsteinemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #2

Welcome aboard "jtsteinemann"!!!

Are you sure its a 'slide ladder' and not an 'under-platform'?

Did you take a look at the Windline ladders online? The slide ladder has a much different mounting system than the 'under platform'.

What did yours look like?

https://windline.com/index.php?route...tegory&path=59

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:12 AM   #3
Ensign

On my 1999 2100 SC, I had to order an under platform slide mount ladder and completely modify it to make it work. The ladder that was original to my boat wasn't made anymore. Good luck finding one that will work without modification. I tried everything I could find and none worked. I finally hacked up a 4 step under platform slide mount and made it work.
MetalMountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:52 PM   #4
Ensign

Must be something in the air. My ladder went missing on my 2001 2300 SE last week at Lake Winni... It was a slide ladder, and looked at windline, the problem I am having, the clamps are completely different. The are mounted on the bottom, but look like a C on its back. I think that is what happened, the kids did not connect the strap, and when they took off, the ladder slid off to the bottom of the lake. any other suggestions than Windline? I am in the NH area.
Mikay01863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:37 PM   #5
Commander

Windline replaced ladder from my 2000 1900SR free under lifetime warranty when it rusted through. Granted I was able to send them the original, their customer service was excellent. Your replacement ladder may not be a standard ladder in their catalogue. Give them a call and discuss what you are looking for before you just order a standard ladder from the catalogue.

-JP
CountryME is offline   Reply With Quote