Old 06-27-2017, 03:46 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 1994 2700 scr tilt/trim

when i anchor out i like to bring my out drive up so it dosent hit. when i trim up my gauge goes up drive comes up some but i feel it still should come up higher.
there are switches on the dash that say trailer mode with directions to use them. but the drive will not come up any further? is there a trick to use the trailer mode or bring the outdrive up higher?? boat is a 1994 2700scr with single 454 and bravo drive

Mattrolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:55 PM   #2
Admiral

Not sure about your controls but some you just press the trailer button and the drive will lift to maximum height and other you need to press and hold trailer while also using the trim up switch.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:46 PM   #3
Ensign

thats what it says to do push the trailer button and the one on controls but it does nothing. so i do have an issue darn
Mattrolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:01 PM   #4
Lt. JG

Hey guys - my 1998 SR2 4.3 power trim/tilt comes up with the up button and trailer button, but will not make a sound or go down at all with the down button depressed. I'm guessing solenoid, and will check voltage, but shouldn't there at least be a clicking sound when triggered?
roblga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:05 PM   #5
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblga View Post
Hey guys - my 1998 SR2 4.3 power trim/tilt comes up with the up button and trailer button, but will not make a sound or go down at all with the down button depressed. I'm guessing solenoid, and will check voltage, but shouldn't there at least be a clicking sound when triggered?
If the solenoid coil is bad there will be no sound. First check for 12V on the small terminal green/white wire and the the other small terminal is connected to ground. Then check the large terminal green/white wire. This needs to be done with the down switch pressed.

Mike
Old 06-28-2017, 02:01 AM   #6
Lt. JG

Thanks mmwjr -
I will get to it this weekend and follow up
Old 06-28-2017, 12:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwjr View Post
If the solenoid coil is bad there will be no sound. First check for 12V on the small terminal green/white wire and the the other small terminal is connected to ground. Then check the large terminal green/white wire. This needs to be done with the down switch pressed.

The Trim Out and the Trailer ride on the same solenoid, don't they? I only recall a Solenoid for up (out) and a solenoid for down (IN).

Since the Trim is working, can we assume that the drive is only raising to the trim limiter? (Approx. 6 'clicks' up) . If this is the case and the trailor button isn't working (both alone and in conjunction with the up switch), then wouldn't it make sense to look at the switch for trailor on the shifter or helm (or wherever it's located)?
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:04 PM   #8
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
The Trim Out and the Trailer ride on the same solenoid, don't they? I only recall a Solenoid for up (out) and a solenoid for down (IN).

Since the Trim is working, can we assume that the drive is only raising to the trim limiter? (Approx. 6 'clicks' up) . If this is the case and the trailor button isn't working (both alone and in conjunction with the up switch), then wouldn't it make sense to look at the switch for trailor on the shifter or helm (or wherever it's located)?

Roblga highjacked the thread with a different problem that my response was addressing. he can not trim down.

Mike
Old 07-10-2017, 04:33 AM   #9
Lt. JG

Down solenoid was indeed bad.
Replaced both solenoids and cleaned all contacts - good to go