Old 06-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
Admiral

Thumbs down wierd weekend....UFFDAH

well..thought I'd write a quick note about the weekend...talk about wierd....
we put the boat in the river dock thursday nite after work cuz the weather was going to be crazy that nite and I had a feeling that the dock would fill up quickly....just a funny feeling I had...I was right..it filled right up and several other boaters had the same idea...
we ran some errands thursday nite ...store...this and that...then got up fairly early friday morning to get breakfast...load up our gear and food..then run to the licensing place to get our new tabs for the yr....
we finally got to the boat at about 9:30am and as we're walking down the ramp I see something strange under my swim step...not exactly sure since it looks like some sort of balloon or something but whatever the heck it was...it stunk!!...I mean a nasty smell that permeates into your sinus's....as I got closer I can now make out this thing...it looks like a pig!!...but it turns out it's a cow!!..it's bloated ...it's ugly and it's wedged under my swimstep!!..the current from the river is running about 7-9 knots and this thing is wedged right next to my drives....
my original thinking was to start the engines up and blow it out...but with that thing so bloated..it probably would explode...so ..we decided to flip the boat using the current to help swing the boat around...with help from the marina guys....we flipped the boat and the cow swung out into the current....dang that thing stunk....now I have to go back to the boat and wash the boat off...I'll post a few pic's cuz you won't believe me...
the last nite some nut came down river and harrassed the boaters down a few from me and slammed into them...so..now we have a nut case in a 50 ft old old chris craft on dope or something...crashing into the boats on the river..this idiot was thrown out of our marina before for some stupid things he did yrs ago...but now he's trying to take revenge or something.....still can't figure that one out...but ..we got up early this morning and put the boat away...had enough fun for the weekend...all I wanted was a nice quiet weekend on the river dock....next time I'll go to the other marina....

hope everyone else had a better weekend...

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy View Post
the last nite some nut came down river and harrassed the boaters down a few from me and slammed into them...so..now we have a nut case in a 50 ft old old chris craft on dope or something...crashing into the boats on the river..this idiot was thrown out of our marina before for some stupid things he did yrs ago...but now he's trying to take revenge or somethingSP
Slammed a 50ft. Chris Craft into docked boats?? I'm pretty sure if one boat is docked and one boat is 'underway' the boat underway is at fault almost every single time. If it were me the story would have to continue with, "So once the marine patrol showed up....."

BTW- Imagine hitting that semi-sumerged cow carcas at 25 kts.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:48 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

When we left Saturday morning I saw the Wild Whim on the river dock. We motored up there against the current (dang that was rippin'!) but nobody was stirring. My wife really liked your satellite dish...

As far as the cow - chalk that up for another thing to avoid in the Snohomish River! I'll keep my eye out for those, and the nut in the Chris.

We went over to Port Gamble and had great water both directions. The big excitement for the weekend was a 4:30am visit by three seals looking to camp on the swimstep. I thought we had swung into something (we were a loooong way from everything so I was a little panicked) and by the time I bolted to the rear of the boat two of the three were making their expedient escape. Pretty tame comparatively.

Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #4
Admiral

haha..my redneck satellite dish works....as long as we don't have dead cows stinkin up the place...I went back to the boat in the afternoon and washed the stink off...took some scrubbing but I think I got it all....

you shoulda honked or something..we were probably just below watchin tv or something...haha..

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 06-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
Lt. Commander

My finger was on the horn, but thought better of it. It was early and I couldn't see any lights on... I figured I would just end up agitating one of your sleeping neighbors, then leave you there to deal with them.

I tried to convince the wife to head down there the night before and stay on the dock so we could depart even earlier, but she thought the river current might bounce us off the dock all night. Do you feel much of that current with your boat?

Old 06-15-2010, 12:28 AM   #6
Admiral

jim..the trick is to put 4 fenders out..then tie the boat down fairly securely....plus the spring line to keep the boat from moving fwd/aft....other than that ...don't feel the boat move much at all..

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 06-15-2010, 01:06 AM   #7
Lt. Commander

Thanks man - we'll have to try that one Friday soon. After the last three weekends of being on the hook, a little dockside time with power might be a nice change.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:46 AM   #8
Admiral

for those that don't believe in dead cows...here it is..

Sp
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 06-15-2010, 06:23 AM   #9
Captain

thats gonna be a huge steak for the weekend.......

have a nice meal, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:44 AM   #10
Lt. JG

Wow SP. I can only imagine the smell!!
Probably a good call to not use the engines to blow it away, but would have been fun to watch ;-)
Old 06-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #11
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

That's so gross Steve, the props would have made a mess of that thing.

Dan

ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote