Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Yachts
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-13-2013, 12:27 AM   #1
Ensign

Cool Settee to bed?

We are new to our 41 Maxum. How do you make the settee into a bed? We don't take possession for two weeks, and did not see cushions, legs or platforms to make the bed? Do you actually use the dinette table?

ss2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
Lt. JG

Good Morning,

I can help you out. I purchased a 4100 SCA last November and like any new boat owner had lots of questions including the sleeping arrangments. The dinette does not make into a bed. This is surprising considering it would have been very easy to have constructed where it would have. The settee, which I am assuming you have and SCA? The SCB and SCRs might be a little dfferent. First, the concept or action of the set-up is that the long straight section pulls out away from the back rest in one unit. There is a simple hook latch that releases it if you reach down bewteen the cushions in the middle where th cushions come together. The unit then slides out approximately 14 inches. There are then two separate cushions that insert into the 14 inch space. Of course if you do not have those cushions you are going to have a problem completing the set up. The bed makes into a nice size full bed. I do not have the exact measurements of the cushion inserts. I would guess 12 X 30 X 5 inches thick. There is nothing complicated about the inserts. So, if you dont have them, I am sure you could have them made relatively easy. I would be happy to send you exact dimensions. Hope this hels.

SunChaser

SunChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
Lt. JG

ss2002,

Also, I have been on my 4100 SCA nearly every weekend since November. I am not an expert or know it all, but I might be able to help you out with other questions. I frequent this site and have found assistance from other bloggers. So, dont hesitate to ask. I am pretty much ate up with boats. I have worked my way up from a 17ft ski boat to the 42 ft Maxum. Smart boat ownership pays off. And asking lots of questions is part of being smart.

SunChaser
SunChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #4

Thanks Sunchaser.

Just a friendly reminder to keep the questions in the Forums and not in the Private Messages. Questions are what the forums were designed for and is the main purpose of the site. A forum helps everyone and in the forum everyone can help. In a private message, only one person is contributing to another 1 persons problem.

Many thanks
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:36 AM   #5
Ensign

Sunchaser, thanks for the input, we will check it out as soon as we get back to the boat. It is an SCR. We can hardly wait, but the weather here in Michigan has been very unfriendly to us boaters as of yet.!! Also, if we have put this Query and reply in the wrong area of this we sincerely apologize, we are not only new to our 41, but to these types of sites as well--A very safe and enjoyable upcoming season to all!!!

ss2002
ss2002 is offline   Reply With Quote