Old 10-13-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Newbie with a few maxum questions

Hi,, I just began seeing a woman who has her own boat,, YES,, they do exist !! I find my own "go fast" boat parked as we spend most of our time on her cruiser enjoying the slower lifestyle so to speak, lol. She has a 1999 3200 SCR ( i believe ) express cruiser. The boat has the 5.7 Merc / bravo setup . I'm beginning to enjoy the boat quite alot. Here's the questions,,, I'm looking to find spare props,, but dont know the size as the boat is in the water now. Also,, is there any place to get replacement parts like the transom door for the shore power cord? Thanks to all for any advice,, hope to make friends around here.

big old stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
Lt. JG

Hey Stinger
I have a 2001 3300scr.
If they are bravo 2 drives they are the same as mine and props are 19 pitch 19 diameter.
I replaced mine this year with aftermarket stainless steel at 650.00 for the right hand drive and slightly more for the left.
I broke my shore power door last year. Price out a new one from the dealer and yes you can still get them OH MY GOD ouch.
Go to a plastics fabrication place and have the door made for you . Here is the kicker. The existing doors are a poured moulded piece and you will not be able to match the color exactly so get one for the other side done as well. Its a very light ivory color and its close but not exact. The replacement from the dealer wont be the right color either as the rest of the boat is sunfaded and the replacement door will not be. I will try to get a photo on here

queenendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #3

Hi Big Old Stinger, welcome Aboard. If the boat is in the water, just look at the 'badging' on the side. It should say 3200 SCR, or something along those lines. Then look at the HIN (Hull Identification Number) on the right side of the transom. The last 2 numbers will tell you the year of manufacture. you shouldn't need to break out a tape measure to determine the actual length. the year and model will tell both the LOA (Length Over All) and the LWL (Levgth at WaterLine). This, along with the motor size, drive model and gear ratio, will allow you to determine which props were stock. If you do pull the boat, the size should be stamped on the prop.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #4
Ensign

Thanks queen and shrew,,, I was referring to the prop sizes,, not the boat size,,,,, without pulling the boat out ( which happens next week sometime) i have no idea of the prop size. I think only turning 4000 at wot, the boat is a bit over propped,,,BUT,,, only getting 20 mph tells me the bottom is probly fouled pretty bad. The boat is actually my girlfriends,,,and she hasn't run it much at all this season,,I'm just trying to get a baseline for tuning a bit. I am always tuning for that extra few mph's on my go fast boat,,,so I have to tinker with hers as well,.,,,lol
Old 10-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
Admiral

welcome to the zoo....

looks like the guys already answered.......post some pic's when you get a chance!!!

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
Ensign

WOW,, my apologies,, can't believe it's been a year since I was here....Had a great season on the 3200,,,, once the bottom was cleaned and de-barnacled,,, she now cruises comfortably at 26 mph,, around 3400 rpms. Cruised all over the upper Chesapeake Bay without any problems. Bringing her up to the Elk river tomorrow for haul out and winter storage, Much closer to home . Hope to be more active over the winter and next season,,,, THINK SPRING everyone!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0102.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	2390Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0122.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	2389