Old 08-15-2016, 04:27 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Mid bilge or ac condensation pump???? 99 3700SCR

Ok next question for my 1999 3700 SCR,

I have what looks like a bilge in a box will at the same time I have 2 other devices under this hatch as well, I would like to know what these are and where I would need to find out how they turn on or off, the pump in the box I have pulled it out and took it apart it feels locked up so I have a new one on order

Please help me learn my boat lol, I want to make sure that I can give the care that so many other maxum owner give they're boats.

This is the cubby hole in my gally / salon

This is the pump and box in question what is this setup too, it looks like its a pump for condensation over flow

this pump is a Attwood Sahara series s500 model 4505

Here is 2 more devices

I cant see the name of the red device, how ever the blue one says Sure bail on the top of it.

tk4478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:06 AM   #2
Commander

sump pump. most probably one line from your a/c condensation, another from your shower. looks like an automatic float under the pump inside the box.

jamanati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:23 AM   #3
Ensign

I do apologize some how this post wasn't posted so I recreated but when I use the shower the water does not go down here but it does pump over board from a pump be hind the shower under the passenger seat
Old 08-16-2016, 01:01 PM   #4

Picture #3 (1-3) is a sump box. It appears to have two inlets and a discharge outlet. Obviously the discharge outlet goes to a through hull to discharge overboard. AC's and showers are commonly routed to these. If it's not the shower, then do you have 2 AC units on that boat? There would be an AC drain for each unit.

The last picture shows a blue float switch connected to the red bilge pump.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:26 AM   #5
Ensign

Thank you Shrew, Ive got the sump pump for the ac to work by turning on the batteries. how ever I haven't been able to get the red pump to push water out let alone to turn on the switch on the dash board doesn't lite up and its labeled mid bilge
Old 08-17-2016, 07:12 AM   #6
Lt. Commander

The old blue float switch had failed on my boat and I replaced it with a new one, no problems since.

I would start by checking if the float switch works, use a multimeter, and then try the pump with a direct 12v feed. That should tell you what is and isn't working.

iantan is offline   Reply With Quote