Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Yachts
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-07-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Interior Panel Removal - 1997 3200SCR

I need to access the bow rail stantion thru-bolts to remove and re-bed the base. There is a vinyl decorative valence that runs along the upper corner in the interior where the side interior hull wall meets the ceiling (top foredeck). I need to remove this piece to access the stantion thru-bolts and it doesn't seem to want to come off easily. Anyone know how this piece is attached and how to remove it?

Thanks!

tm3200scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:23 AM   #2
Admiral

it's attached on the inside by screws from inside the anchor locker......the screws go from inside the locker to hold the panel ....it's not structural...so ....once you gain access inside the anchor locker...look for those screws..top and bottom..

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #3

I wish that were the case on my boat. The decorative interior piece that covers the section where the hull and deck are joined (which also covers the nutes for the rails and the seem between the headliner and hull upholstry are screwed through the rub rail from the outside. In mine you ned to remove the rub rail, then unscrew the screws going through the deck/hull seem into the back of those panels. Very, very frustrating and what is holding me from rebedding the rail stanchions and replacing the rusting hardware.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:08 PM   #4
Ensign

Thanks for the quick responses. The pieces I need to remove run lengthwise through the cabin so it sounds the same pieces that Shrew is talking about. Now I am starting to think that maybe rebedding the stantions can wait, too.
tm3200scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:29 AM   #5
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to BayBoy

It's not that bad actually. Only one out of every four screws in the rub rail go all the way through to the trim panel. It's a 2 person job as you need to have someone hold the interior panel while removing and replacing screws. There is also I nice space behind there for a cable run if you need it. I removed mine in order to run power and control cables from the helm to a searchlight I mounted on the bow pulpit. Be sure to put some marine caulk in the screw holes before putting the screws back in to keep them from leaking.
BayBoy is offline   Reply With Quote