Old 07-20-2010, 02:20 AM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Fresh Potable Water Shut Off

Ok, playing with the new boat and I'm 99% sure a valve was missed somewhere.

When I'm off city water and using the holding tank I'm getting nothing for fresh water.

I turn on the pump and can hear it turn on and I can get water from the hot side because I had the hot water tank filled and tested from the city water but after it drains the tank it's out of water. It's just got to be a valve from the water tank that is shut off.

Problem is I don't know where that valve could be and honestly I don't even know where the tank is. I'm pretty sure the tank in the aft by the battery bank is the blackwater tank. Any ideas?

tackleshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:23 AM   #2
Admiral

fresh water should be on the opposite side of the engine bay....

kinda easy to tell.....

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:31 AM   #3
Lt. Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy View Post
fresh water should be on the opposite side of the engine bay....

kinda easy to tell.....

SP
Ok so I know I'm the new dumb guy but the engine bay in the 3300 is the entire back of the boat. I have one large plastic tank with a wooden top on the port side but don't see any shut offs at the tank. The water heater is the starboard side but can't see a tank but it could be out of sight.??
Old 07-20-2010, 11:32 AM   #4
Lieutenant

Hi tackleshep,

I am not familiar with a newer boat but I believe it is similar to my 1994 3200scr.
I don't believe there is a shut off valve and that would be a pain in the neck if there was.
You might try following the lines. It sounds like someone winterized the boat and bypassed the tank and never reconnected it or rerouted the lines at the hot water tank incorrectly.
It is common to bypass a hot water tank during winterization. This is where I would start looking
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:15 PM   #5
Captain

Fresh water tank should be under the floor in the cabin. Remove the access panel in the step down for the aft cabin, the water tank is on the other side of the head sump/shower pump.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:17 AM   #6
Lieutenant

Default 3700 Scr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackleshep View Post
Ok, playing with the new boat and I'm 99% sure a valve was missed somewhere.

When I'm off city water and using the holding tank I'm getting nothing for fresh water.

I turn on the pump and can hear it turn on and I can get water from the hot side because I had the hot water tank filled and tested from the city water but after it drains the tank it's out of water. It's just got to be a valve from the water tank that is shut off.

Problem is I don't know where that valve could be and honestly I don't even know where the tank is. I'm pretty sure the tank in the aft by the battery bank is the blackwater tank. Any ideas?

The fresh water tank is the port bed in the back of a 3700 SCR. The best advise I think you got so far is someone built a shut off for winterizing you boat. If you go to the main Maxum web site and look up your boat and get the owners supplament manual it will help you with everything
William Ferrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
Lt. Commander

thanks for the help guys. On the 3300 the water tank has to be hidden on the port side. The engine compartment looks to house the black water tank but the other one really has to be behind the kitchen. The pump is right where havamax said in a closet in the aft cabin.

I got everything working right now, plain had to be airlocked. Stuck a hose down in the tank, turned it on and overflowed everything and she kicked right on. Weird but working.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #8
Lt. Commander

Speaking of resource manuals. Does anybody have the one for the 2000 3300 SCR. Not listed