Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Yachts
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-05-2017, 08:06 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Adding ice maker to 2003 3700 SY

Hello,

I am adding an ice maker to the rear port side locker where many have this, and I believe it was a dealer option. I have the ice maker and bezel that fit nicely so that is done. Also, there is wiring behind a blank plate that I connected to a 120v outlet which is controlled by the ice maker breaker in the AC panel, so that part is also done.

I need to run the plumbing supply valve and the drain line. I am curious if anyone has the ice maker installed on a similar boat and they would have information about where these lines run when the dealer installs the ice maker. I would like to do as close to a stock install as possible.

Cheers!
Tom

thos1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:11 PM   #2
Ensign

I am trying to do the same with my 3100SCR. Would you mind sharing part numbers for the ice maker and bezel, and where you purchased them?

Thanks!

Oscar Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:44 PM   #3

T into the cold water line anywhere downstream of the pressure pump. The manufacturer would have done so with the shortest possible path. I wouldn't worry about whether its close to stock. They install all of these systems before the hull and deck are married. Their path might not be the easiest for you as an aftermarket installation. Just go for was is easiest to access.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:42 PM   #4
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Tango View Post
I am trying to do the same with my 3100SCR. Would you mind sharing part numbers for the ice maker and bezel, and where you purchased them?

Thanks!
The ice maker I am installing is an Isotherm clear ice maker Model: IM-5S21A14A00000. One of the local marine stores was having a clearance sale and I was able to pick this up new for $250, however that is nowhere the retail price which was the main reason I purchased it.

I contacted the manufacturer at www.great-water.com and they referred me to their part for the flush mounting flange, part IS-SBG00011AA which was $89.00.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:42 PM   #5
Lt. Commander

Best line would be the cold line to the sink in the cockpit.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:15 PM   #6
Ensign

Thanks for the replies. I think my main concern is that to run the supply and drain lines I will need to drill holes from the cabinet into the engine room. I am assuming the ice maker is not ignition protected, so I want to make sure I am not creating a path for gas fumes to enter the back of the cabinet with the ice maker where it could possibly get a spark. What do manufacturers do to seal this pathway?
Old 04-08-2017, 09:48 PM   #7
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by thos1971 View Post
The ice maker I am installing is an Isotherm clear ice maker Model: IM-5S21A14A00000. One of the local marine stores was having a clearance sale and I was able to pick this up new for $250, however that is nowhere the retail price which was the main reason I purchased it.

I contacted the manufacturer at www.great-water.com and they referred me to their part for the flush mounting flange, part IS-SBG00011AA which was $89.00.
Great, thank you!
Oscar Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:49 PM   #8
Ensign

So, I have mostly finished my install.

I used an Attwood 3/4" double ended thru hull fitting for the drain line, and a water inlet fitting for the water supply line.

Outlet connected to the breaker where it was marked "Ice Maker"

Then I epoxied in wood behind the sides where the flange screws so there will be more support, and built a wood platform that holds the weight of the ice maker.

Here is the ice maker in place with the face plate around it, you can see where the 6 mounting screws will be that sink into the wood reinforcement.

Hope this helps anybody else looking for something like this.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:04 PM   #9

That is how high-end boat builders do things. If you look at Nordhavn's and such, there is a through hull fitting at every bulkhead a flexible water line runs through. It reduces the chance for chaffing.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote