Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Yachts
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-14-2010, 06:27 AM   #1
Ensign

Default A couple of questions from a newbie

I just purchased a new Maxum 3300se (2006) it did not come with any manuals and I am trying to figure everything out before its first cruiser. Maiden voyage as it would be. I have never had a boat with a macerator or hot water etc. and do not know what preperation or mainenance is required before use.
1. I am going to assume that the head will need some water in it before it is used but I am not sure.
2. How does the macerator work? Do I have valves to open and close.
2. when I fill the the water tank will this take care of the hot water tank or is there another tank that needs to be filled.
Sorry for the dumb questions but it is my first boat with these options.
I have moved from the world of go fast boats (and back aches) to the more mellow ( and safer) world of cruisers. Besides my wife never got acustom to the chine walking at over 100mph.
Tim

Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
Ensign

Your questions are not dumb. In theory when you fill the boat up with fresh water the head and water heater will work no problem. Certainly on my first boat a Maxum 3100 and my current boat a 3700 I have had no problem well sort of. The only problem is the discharge of the waste, if you opt to use the macerator and dump the waste at sea I find toilet paper blocks the outlet. I am always having disconnect the pipes and shove a screw driver down the sea cock to dislodge the blockage. It’s not the most pleasant task but as my mechanic says welcome to owning a boat. Never had a problem with the water heater as long as it is on and the boat has fresh water it works and works well.

richardbroxham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
Captain

hai spockie.....welcome

here in holland it's forbidden to drop the **** in the water we need a tank and empty it in the harbor, but there is special paper on the market, buy that, and for the water tank the next.......put tablets in the tank it keeps the quality of the wather good...but don't fill the tank to the top...take as much with you as you think you are going to use at your trip....you don't have a seperate tank for hot water

good luck with her...ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
Ensign

Thanks for the advice. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get more aquanted with the boat.
Tim
Old 02-15-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
Admiral

SPOOOOCK!!!!....ok..I've always wanted to be Capt Kirk and yell at spock!!...

ok...first off...lets try and get some stuff established with you so you really don't mess the systems up...
2nd)welcome to the zoo....we're a bit of a small group but we're growing.....this is a really new site and I often find myself deleting duplicate posts for some reason....

3rdly) the main water system feeds directly into the hot water system.the main water system is filled on the stern someplace with a fitting marked "WATER"....fill that until it comes out the overflow on the side of the boat..

NoteO NOT TURN THE HOT WATER HEATER WITHOUT WATER BEING IN THE TANK..IT WILL BURN THE ELEMENTS/TEMP SENSORS OUT!!!....I put that in caps for a reason....cuz I've done it before....it gets expensive to replace the element and or sensors if you have no water in the tank and turn the pwr on...
to verify if you have water in the system..there should be a switch near the sink ..turn that on and then operate the sinks...
It takes about a half hr to heat the water up....

now for the head system...first off..I don't know if you have a vacuflush system or electrical system or the hand pumpy type of head....so...I'm going to assume that you have a vacu flush system....you'll know when you find the pwr switch for the vacuflush system and turn it on....you'll hear a pumping sound in the engine bay....there usually is a foot lever on the left side of the bowl....if you have a pump handle..then there is a tee handle on the right side of the bowl....that requires more operating instructions.....and with this type...you get the water from where the boat is floating....there should be a valve under the steps or under the deck.......
electric head just has a switch that you push and it gets water from the boats water system as does vacuflush system....

now...to get manuals....get the HIN number on the aft/stbd swim step ..call US marine...give them the HIN number and they will inturn send you all the manuals that came with the boat.....

if you have more specific questions..it will help if we know a bit more info of where you boat at and other info...

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:09 AM   #6
Ensign

Thanks Seapuppy, it appears I have a vacuflush from the looks of everything. It also has a macerator with it. Is there a valve should the rare occasion I'm out at sea and can use it? As far as the heater goes, it sound like I fill the tank, prime the faucets and then I'm good to go on the heater.
By the way I'm just down the I-5 corridor from you and plan on spending most of my time in the Puget Sound and the San Juans. With the once a year trip I'll haul the boat to Lake Roosevelt and sometimes Lake Chelan. Love it there!
Is there a number or website for usmarine?
I'll try to google it.
Spock
Old 04-08-2016, 05:38 PM   #7
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy View Post
SPOOOOCK!!!!....ok..I've always wanted to be Capt Kirk and yell at spock!!...

ok...first off...lets try and get some stuff established with you so you really don't mess the systems up...
2nd)welcome to the zoo....we're a bit of a small group but we're growing.....this is a really new site and I often find myself deleting duplicate posts for some reason....

3rdly) the main water system feeds directly into the hot water system.the main water system is filled on the stern someplace with a fitting marked "WATER"....fill that until it comes out the overflow on the side of the boat..

NoteO NOT TURN THE HOT WATER HEATER WITHOUT WATER BEING IN THE TANK..IT WILL BURN THE ELEMENTS/TEMP SENSORS OUT!!!....I put that in caps for a reason....cuz I've done it before....it gets expensive to replace the element and or sensors if you have no water in the tank and turn the pwr on...
to verify if you have water in the system..there should be a switch near the sink ..turn that on and then operate the sinks...
It takes about a half hr to heat the water up....

now for the head system...first off..I don't know if you have a vacuflush system or electrical system or the hand pumpy type of head....so...I'm going to assume that you have a vacu flush system....you'll know when you find the pwr switch for the vacuflush system and turn it on....you'll hear a pumping sound in the engine bay....there usually is a foot lever on the left side of the bowl....if you have a pump handle..then there is a tee handle on the right side of the bowl....that requires more operating instructions.....and with this type...you get the water from where the boat is floating....there should be a valve under the steps or under the deck.......
electric head just has a switch that you push and it gets water from the boats water system as does vacuflush system....

now...to get manuals....get the HIN number on the aft/stbd swim step ..call US marine...give them the HIN number and they will inturn send you all the manuals that came with the boat.....

if you have more specific questions..it will help if we know a bit more info of where you boat at and other info...

SP
Who do I call for the manuals? Us marine......?
Johnnyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:34 PM   #8
Admiral

Johnnyr welcome aboard

Rather old thread and these folks have not posted in a long time as one I know is no longer alive. Best to start a new thread as to what year and model manuals you are looking for, also these do not provide much detail and the line was shut down in 2009.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 03:27 PM   #9
Admiral

Go to the Documents tab of this site then maxum manuals were you will find one for the 2000 2700 which is the same as your 2002.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote