Old 08-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 96 3200 SCR - Water heater turn on switch location

Currently I receive no warm water out of my faucets. Obviously the water pump and water heater switch on the shore power/electrical control panel is turned on. I was told another switch or valve exists in the engine bay that the marina probably forgot to turn on/open.

Where is this switch/valve located?

Old 08-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
Commander

I have the 95 3200 SCR, not sure if there is too much of a difference. I only know of the water heater switch on the control panel in the cabin, and when I turn it on, it does start heating the water. Check your electrical connections at the heater and start the process to troubleshoot from there.

jamanati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #3

Ditto. The hot water heater should be on the same breaker bus as the outlets, battery charger and fridge. Since fridge is dual voltage, don't use that to verify the circuit. Outlets would be better. Then verify you are getting power to the water heater. Check to make sure the breaker in the Water Heater slot itself isn't bad. I don't know if there is an oboard fuse on the heater, however I don't know of another 'switch' per se, but maybe mine is on and I'm overlooking turning it off. I doubt it though.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:45 AM   #4
Captain

some water heater have a little toggle switch right above where the power line goes into the unit. its a black nub.

some times its under a little steel box, with a set screw.

what i would believe, is someone had the heater on with no water in it, and the element burned out.
pascavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:41 AM   #5
Commander

The only other thing I can think of is where your shore power cords hook up in your transom, each has a breaker. One cord/breaker usually drives the a/c and hot water heater and the other cord/break runs outlets, dc charger, etc. You may want to check that as well.
jamanati is offline   Reply With Quote