Old 01-30-2017, 10:33 PM   #1
Ensign

Angry 4600 SCB Curved Door Glass Needed

I had my door glass out of the door frame for the third time since I've owned the boat, to address issues with the door frame including a stuck lock, problems with the rollers and other issues. Its not hard to remove. The unthinkable happened while I was placing the curved glass into the salon as I have in the past - it twisted and shattered into a million pieces

I looked up info on an old forum and emailed Taylor Made in NY (original supplier) who told me I have to go through a Bayliner dealer (they used to supply directly to a customer upon request).

I am thinking of going to a custom glass company instead, does anyone have any advice or experience with sourcing the curved glass ?

BillS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:29 PM   #2
Admiral

Bills welcome to the website!

All I can tell you is to try to Google Taylor Made's number in Florida where their windshield factory is . You could try Untitled Document or a Bayliner yacht dealer.

Roger

biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:37 PM   #3
Ensign

I would like to let everyone know what I wound up doing. The new glass would have been $2700 ish shipped from a custom glass shop, and it was becoming too difficult to go through Taylor Made (runaround). They told me to go to a Maxum dealer, who in turn told me to go to Taylor Made. I moved the glass from the right side behind the stairs over to the frame where the glass broke, and then installed a $175 piece of 1/4 inch plexiglass which I easily slid into the curved frame. It could scratch if you are not careful I suppose, and may eventually discolor, but right now, you can't tell it's not tempered glass. If I ever have an extra $2700 I might consider installing real glass, but am very happy with my decision.
BillS is offline   Reply With Quote