Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Yachts
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 4600 scb

My masterbath shower leaks behind the wall; any ideas on how to get access from the back side like in the hallway? Thank You

cajundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
Ensign

No, but if you find out would you please post the info?

brianwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
Captain

the question is..... what leaking?

is it shower, sink, or toilet water out in the bildge?

or

sea water or fresh water leaking into the shower?

so,
1. fresh or sea water?
2. toilet water or sink water? (use the blue stuff to see what color leak you get)
3. sea water will be your window assembly, or your rub rail.
4. fixture leak is a hose or a fitting, and you can unscrew the toilet paper holder and cabinet to access your hoses.

also, where are you finding the water? gravity will put it in the foward bilge.
pascavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:48 AM   #4
Ensign

Default Leak at Shower

The 4100 has a panel hidden in the hall by the stairs that can be removed to access the entire shower valve and lines.
It is a padded panel that blends in with the hall and has velcro at the top, bottom and sides. I don't know exactly how the 4600 is layed out, but they made it easy on the 4100.

Marlene
Madmarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #5
Ensign

Hi.
Can you let me know how you made out with the water leak. How did you get access to the back side.
Thanks in advance for the info.
dangy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:10 PM   #6
Ensign

you can access the valve from the pump room. You can also access it by removing the back panel on the bottom half of the storage shelf adjacent to the vacuum.Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment[7].jpg
Views:	38
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	3148
Done Working is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:55 PM   #7
Admiral

Done Working, welcome aboard.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:34 PM   #8
Ensign

Thank you Love the site
Done Working is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:05 AM   #9
Ensign

i also have leak in master bath on 4600, believe its coming from drain at bottom of shower. anyone know how to gain access to bottom side of shower basin? thank you!
mzimney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:47 AM   #10
Ensign

hi, i have a 4600, have a leak in port side shower basin, wondering if the padded panel you mention is same on 4600. can you show me a picture of the panel you are referring to? think i know, but want to be sure. thank you
Old 04-17-2018, 06:52 AM   #11
Lt. Commander

The shower is a pain. I had to get to mine as I swopped out the shower sump pump for an inline gulper pump which was activated automatically with the water flow. I plumbed it in for both showers. To get to the shower drain in the master ensuite I had to cut a hole in the floor. If you lift the step at the bottom of the stairs you will see the shower sump pump. You will also see the shower drain hose as it comes through the main stringer. I obviously didn't want to cut that so I cut a hole in the floor the other side of the stringer. Sorry I don't have a photo. I didn't make the hole too big and had to twist my arm to get access to the shower drain. Mine leaked but I found the drain hose was only pushed on and had come loose.

The step covers any hole you may have to cut so don't worry too much about doing it.

Hope that helps.
iantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:17 PM   #12
Ensign

I had the same leak last year, Be careful the fittings are old and are brittle, you could break more by fixing one. I got to it 2 ways, 1 through a tiny access hole in the tiny storage cabinet just forward of the vacuum cleaner. The other was through the pump-room looking to your right. A endoscope (tiny video cam) works best to find the leak/s. It is difficult to get your hands in the tight spot but not impossible. After changing the pex elbow fittings (you can buy at a hardware store or mobile home store) I still did not want any drips because it makes its way to the carpet and can ruin the wood wall. I fabricated a 12" x 6" piece of foam rubber angled underneath all the shower fittings, so if it ever does leak again, It will drain into the pump room bilge. It was cheesy but so far its been good.
lhalffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:09 PM   #13
Ensign

Thanks lhalffman, really appreciate! did you replace the actual drain fixture in bottom of shower pan? i think the nut that holds the drain in place (from bottom of shower pan) is loose in addition to the hose that connects to the drain and runs thru stringer to sump. effectively i think i have 2 leaks and want to address both at same time if possible. again, thanks for your wisdom!

matt 425-941-8090 (if you okay with me please txt or call me).