Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Yachts
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-04-2016, 04:49 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 46 SCB Sliding Glass Door

How do you remove the curved sliding glass door on a 1999 46 SCB? I need to repair the door. The door tracks are wore out.

Flightlevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:41 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

It lifts out. At the base of the sliding door there is a recessed screw, you turn that and the door will drop slightly, you are actually retracting the runners (wheels) into the frame causing the door to lower in relation to the frame.

Once this is done the door can lifted up and pulled out at the bottom.

I assume you mean the wheels are worn out rather than the track? I replaced mine they are just stock wheels from a domestic double glazed patio door

I should add there are two sets of wheels one at each end of the door.

iantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:18 PM   #3
Ensign

Intan
Thanks for the method for removing the sliding glass door. I was able the replace the wheels yesterday and it's working great. I'm in a saltwater environment and found a lot of minor corrosion. I treated what I could but sometime this up coming winter I may have to remove the entire door frame to bead blast and paint. Have you removed the stationary starboard glass door?
Flightlevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:23 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

I removed the fixed door when I replaced the carpet, from memory it was just held in by a couple of angle brackets located top and bottom. I can't remember if I just slid it out the way to get access behind the sofa.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:58 PM   #5
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by iantan View Post
It lifts out. At the base of the sliding door there is a recessed screw, you turn that and the door will drop slightly, you are actually retracting the runners (wheels) into the frame causing the door to lower in relation to the frame.

Once this is done the door can lifted up and pulled out at the bottom.

I assume you mean the wheels are worn out rather than the track? I replaced mine they are just stock wheels from a domestic double glazed patio door

I should add there are two sets of wheels one at each end of the door.
Thanks, do you have any better info on the replacement wheels. I don't want to take the door out and not be able to find quick replacements. Possibly a photo would help. These wheels seem to come in a wide variety of sizes and configurations. Any help or guidance is appreciated.
Sfiglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 05:00 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

Sorry I don’t, I sold the boat a couple of years ago and I’m now in the Med on my new one so don’t have access to my old photos.

They were fairly standard, a number of different manufacturers have wheels that suit. Any aluminium window supplier should have them, just check the screw positions, the body may be different dependent on supplier/manufacturer.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #7
Ensign

Thanks, I think I found some that may work
Old 03-01-2021, 03:47 AM   #8
Lt. JG

I’m looking for rollers for the sliding glass door. Do you happen know the type/brand that worked for you?
CrewRest II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 05:26 PM   #9
Ensign

I dont, its still a work in progress. I havent wanted to take the doors off first to find the correct wheels.
Old 03-01-2021, 05:56 PM   #10
Lt. JG

Lol... Well, if I decide to take-on the challenge I'll post the results w/some pics. Thanks or getting back! I wasn't sure if you'd be able to respond to an original 2019 post.
CrewRest II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:04 PM   #11
Lt. Commander

Take off the door. You should be able to find replacements at ACE, Home Depot or Lowes. They are pretty standard. I think I found mine at Home Depot. They're pretty cheap.
dbriceno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 01:32 PM   #12
Lt. JG

Prime-Line Products D 1832 Sliding Door Roller Assembly with 1-1/4-Inch Steel Ball Bearing

I got this exact replacement on Amazon, fits perfect and made the slider work well again.
https://www.maxumownersclub.com/foru...1&d=1616678916
Attached Thumbnails
395988FF-2782-4B59-A648-E8EEFA51FC20.jpg  
cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 08:13 PM   #13
Ensign

If you want to replace the rollers….
Remove the bottom screw on the door sides, pull the frame out a bit (the frame is not structural, the door is just glass surrounded by a rubber molding) the frame will pull out showing the bearing (slider) assembly, which is held in place by a single screw at the top of the assembly (the screw may be hidden underneath some caulking on the bottom near the corner of the glass) You can then hold the door in place with a shim (piece of wood) and slide the slider assembly out, I found a replacement bearing wheel in the hardware section of the local Home Depot for four bucks.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 16.13.22.png  

Brian Will is offline   Reply With Quote