Old 04-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
Ensign

Default 4100SCB spare props needed

I'm looking to acquire a spare set of 24x23 props for my 4100SCB. I'm getting pricing from CJR, the original supplier of the props to Maxum, but I'm hoping I can pick up a set from a former or current owner at a lower cost.

Thanks,

Bill

Fletcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
Lieutenant

Don't know how much luck you will have finding used, I got lucky and picked up a pair of used Nibral Hy Torq props. If your going to carry as spares they might be a lower cost option?

http://www.hytorq.com/distbroch/DQX_DJX_Back_Pg.pdf

Old 04-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #3

Welcome aboard Fletcha!!!

Out of curiosity.......why???

Unless you have a tank and cert. or higher a diver, you're not going to change them in the water. If you hit something, you're going to have to haul her and check that the shafts aren't bent. If you hit something hard enough to require the prop be replaced there is a chance there is other damage. Id' cross that road when I came to it. Otherwise you're carrying around and storing a couple of bulky, clunky items that you will more than likely never use. I'd be more focused on carrying spare plugs, belts, impellor, etc.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:33 AM   #4
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
Welcome aboard Fletcha!!!

Out of curiosity.......why???

Unless you have a tank and cert. or higher a diver, you're not going to change them in the water. If you hit something, you're going to have to haul her and check that the shafts aren't bent. If you hit something hard enough to require the prop be replaced there is a chance there is other damage. Id' cross that road when I came to it. Otherwise you're carrying around and storing a couple of bulky, clunky items that you will more than likely never use. I'd be more focused on carrying spare plugs, belts, impellor, etc.
It's more accurate to say I need replacement props due to galvanic corrosion. I keep the boat in the water year round and this is was my second winter with the boat. The first winter my shaft zincs made it from October to April with no issues. This April the diver found the shaft zincs totally gone and the props damaged...video is here:

[video=youtube;1oFoX-5HURI]
Fletcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #5

Ah, that makes much more sense. You need a set of props, or a set of replacement props. I misunderstood and thought spare props meant a second set, like carrying spare belts and plugs.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote