Old 06-04-2018, 01:28 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default 3300 Dome lights in cabin

Hey guys, actually posted about this many years ago and then just let it go because it didn't matter....but now I really want it fixed so here goes.

On my 2000 3300scr when you first enter the cabin there are three lights located on the ceiling outside of the bathroom door. Each has an independent switch and are wired by blue/black wires.

They have never worked. I've tested for power at each wire and there is none. I have a full block of fuses all working right. All other DC items in boat are powered so it's not the light or the bulb or a switch.

Does anybody know where the wires go to or connect in. Can't find them on the schematic that I've found and would just like to power them.

Thanks

tackleshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 01:57 PM   #2

A picture would be worth a thousand words. I've never seen switches on the ceiling. The title of the thread is 'Dome lights in cabin". Do you have lights which are not working? The lights on a 3300 I would expect to be on the left on the wall as you enter the cabin.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:04 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

I'll have to remember how to upload a picture....

So when you walk downstairs on the ceiling in front of the door to the head there are three round dome lights. Each light has it's own switch on the light itself. These are not the interior lights controlled by the 3 switches on the wall nor do they match any other light design on the boat.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:07 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

Click image for larger version

Name:	3300 dome light.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	5470

by the door
Old 06-04-2018, 02:19 PM   #5

Do you have any switches on the wall which are not working? My 2800 had stock lights in those spots. They were like the ones over the settee and the galley. Do you need to turn one of the light switches on the wall entering the cabin first, in order to send power to the individually switched lights?
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:23 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

Well if that is the case I'm going to feel really stupid but I sincerely doubt it.

I have three switches upon entry and each control one of three areas of the cabin and all work properly. I can't imagine why it would be switched at the fixture and also at the wall but I don't know if I can officially say I've made sure all the power is on and then switched the light. (however I was just playing with them at night the other day so the other lights were on....but I'll check it off the list)
Old 06-04-2018, 03:48 PM   #7
Admiral

My 2400 has three switches as you enter the cabin that control the ceiling lights and all work just by turning them on, no other switch required.

under Documents of this site go to Maxum boats year 2000 and there is the manual which has the wiring diagram.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 02:23 AM   #8
Lt. Commander

I know the lights you are talking about i have the same ones on my 2004 3300. On mine they all work on switches that are on each fixture as you mention. Mine all work but I don't know off the top of my head where the power comes from. I will try to look for you when I am back on the boat this weekend. Btw we never use them either. I can't remember ever having them on other to check if they worked
RandR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 02:44 AM   #9
Lt. Commander

Checked today. Sorry but I can't see much. Looks like the wires go under the headboard towards the helm i wonder if they are all tied into one fuse under the steering wheel? Could just be a blown fuse?
RandR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 01:39 AM   #10
Ensign

You’re not crazy, my 2000 3300 has the 3 lights with individual switches as well.
meiertj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 04:45 PM   #11
Ensign

Did you ever get your dome lights working? I have the same issue
hoping you can share some guidance

gkoch is offline   Reply With Quote