Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Yachts
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 2008 3100SE 12v Wiring Help Needed

The company that performed my dewinterization did not re-connect my battery cables and charger correctly. Does anyone have or know of a site that would have the schematics?

Nauti Buoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

I boat in the Potomac and could have sworn I saw "Nauti Buoys" at the wall in Georgetown last weekend.

Regardless, there isn't a standard schematic that I am aware of, aside from a wiring diagram that should have been included with the documentation for your boat. Even that might not be completely accurate. There are so many possible combinations and components. The battery nd charger wiring is typically straight forward though, but it would help if you could describe the symptoms you are having.

Nvertheless, any decent marine mechanic should be able to sort it for you.

Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauti Buoys View Post
The company that performed my dewinterization did not re-connect my battery cables and charger correctly. Does anyone have or know of a site that would have the schematics?

ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
Ensign

I've been known to hang out at the wall in Georgetown, but was in Belmont Bay last weekend. There is a Nauti Buoy (singular) that's arount too, but she's a sedan bridge.

Unfortunately, my marine "mechanic" was the one who messed it up. Not going to them anymore. I think I've been able to figure it out between the diagram in the 3100 SE owners manual and the charger manual.

Heading down to the marina tonight.... I'll keep you posted..... Thanks for the reply!
Nauti Buoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:46 AM   #4
Captain

contact maxum...????????? www.maxumboats.com

greatz, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:57 AM   #5

Contact your mechanic. You pay a mechanic to do things so you don't have to. You pay them to do it right and you pay them to fix YOUR mixtakes, not the other way around. You shouldn't pay to fix another mechanic's mixtakes and you certainly shouldn't have to do it on your own.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:08 PM   #6
Lieutenant

Hi Nauti Buoys,
I'm not sure how the newer Maxums are wired, but this is what I found out about my 1994 3200scr. First off each set (neg/pos) of wires from the charger should go directly to the batteries not to any switches- so that one is easy. One set per one battery.
Secondly the original battery wiring for my yacht was wired poorly. I had two battery switches both of them the same- reading off/bat 1/bat 2/both. When I wanted to change the wiring and switching to add a separate house system, I found out that the "bat2" wasn't wired on the port side. They should have used a different switch and I wouldn't have known this until I pulled it apart and traced wires.
If your handy at all, it might be a good idea to wire it the way you want to use it.

Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote