Old 06-02-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 2000 4100 scb salon seating

Would like to replace the salon seating. A couple options: a) recover with ultra leather and replace with softer foam; b) Buy custom seating that fits the area; c) remove seating, base, and corner tables and buy a sofa incliner from a department store.
Anyone after experience, advise?
Thanks!

Mav0810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:11 PM   #2

A and B sound good.
C would be wasted money. The humidity will destroy it in no time. Have to be marine grate.

Gugi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 01:55 PM   #3

In order cheapest to most expensive: C -> A -> B

Non-marine furniture is a common path for the solon. It will be fine. I have a standard sleep sofa in my salon. I have friends who have been using furniture store furniture for years. The only reason they change it is they keep changing their mind from a sleep sofa to a reclining sofa to individual recliners.

furniture store furniture can be bulky. Marine furniture is designed to be lighter and fit in smaller spaces. I agree it is usually less comfortable.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:16 PM   #4
Lieutenant

Default Option A

I have the 46 SCB and did not like the OEM sofa fabric. We replaced it with marine vinyl. The unit can be disassembled and delivered to an upholsterer to save some time/money. We did the same with the dinette. Pics attached.

Regards,
Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Base.jpg   Dinette.jpg   sofa.jpg  
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 09:39 PM   #5
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
I have the 46 SCB and did not like the OEM sofa fabric. We replaced it with marine vinyl. The unit can be disassembled and delivered to an upholsterer to save some time/money. We did the same with the dinette. Pics attached.

Regards,
Steve
Welcome aboard

That looks great, thanks for sharing

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:05 PM   #6

Good choice and is very nice. Good job.
Gugi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:43 PM   #7
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post

Regards,
Steve
Hi SteveP. How did you remove the dinette seat back cushions? I have a 4100SCB and can't figure out how to remove them.
Fletcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:37 PM   #8
Lieutenant

Hi Fletcha,

It's been a while but I believe there are screws that attach to the back that are accessed by removing the vinyl covered wall covering. On my 46 it's as you enter the guest cabin. Once those screws are removed the unit lifts up from brackets at the rear and the side that's against the outer wall. There's also a panel that separates from the cushion where the post sits between the dinette and lounge. Once that's removed you can release that portion of the dinette back as well. Hope this helps.
Old 11-15-2021, 04:13 PM   #9
Lt. JG

Default 4100 SCB Salon Seating

Hi All, i am in process of reupholstering my salon seats. Do you know how to take the seat backing for salon couch off? there doesnt seem to be any screws underneath in the storage compartments. And the seem to be connected to the backsplash between dinnette seat and couch, sme backsplash as the ac vent. i wanted to get some input before damaging too much. Thanks
piermontmaxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 04:36 PM   #10
Lieutenant

On my 4600 there were a number of screws that attached the seats to the floor. They are accessed by removing the cushions. I believe there's also one or more attaching the seats to the dinette. Once they are all removed you can slide the sofa out. Then the back is removed by unscrewing it on the backside that's exposed when you pull the sofa away from the bulkhead. We took that whole unit (minus the base) and the cushions to an upholsterer. For what it's worth, I didn't reattach the sofa, just slid it back.
Old 11-15-2021, 04:48 PM   #11
Lt. JG

thanks Steve for the quick response. i’m going to investigate this weekend to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piermontmaxum is offline   Reply With Quote