Old 02-21-2015, 02:53 AM   #1
Ensign

Default 1999 Maxum scb4100 Rub Rail

I have a 4100 scb and when it was being hauled out for winter a one foot section of the rub rail was damaged by the travel lift. The local repair shop says they can't find replacement rub rail for it. Does anyone know the exact specifications for the rub rail, or where I can get a section of it and the stainless insert?

Thank You

fearnaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:30 PM   #2
Lt. JG

Taco metals makes rub rails with stainless steel inserts. Defender also carries the Taco metals rub rail line. I do not know the dimensional specs of your rub rail. I have a 3700 SCR that probably has a similar rub rail but have not had to repair it yet. Another approach might be once you measure your rub rail for the dimensional requirements is to check with a Sea Ray dealer. Maxum was owned by the Brunswick corporation as was Sea Ray, Fountain, Bayliner, and other boat brands. Brunswick did some standardized, centralized material sourcing so you can often find the same components used on your boat on those other boat brands. This approach usually only applies to non Custom components that are specific to a praticular model boat. The Rub rail should be a non custom component. Good luck and let us know what you find for those of who may have the same future need.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:07 PM   #3
Ensign

Thanks Dean, Taco was the first place we checked. Unfortunately, it's not one of their rub rails. I guess it is a product of Brunswicks global sourcing strategy. The cheapest supplier got the bid. It has to be out there somewhere. If I can't find it by spring I will just have to bite the bullet and replace all of the rub rail with Taco to have it match. Thanks again
fearnaut is offline   Reply With Quote