Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Yachts
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-11-2012, 02:22 AM   #1
Lt. JG

Default 1999 Maxum 3300 SCR

I am about to pull the trigger on a 99 Maxum 3300. Does ayone have anything good or bad to say about these models? I currently have a 2400 SCR and am ready to make the move up to something bigger.

Thanks

Nauti Jenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:13 AM   #2
Captain

Not a lot of info for us to help make a decision for ya!!! Survey and sea trial check out, you will love the boat! I wish I had the larger swim platform of the 3300.......

Old 09-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
Commander

Anyone who says size doesn't matter has never owned a boat I went the 3500 SCR bigger is better
Huddo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
Lt. JG

I have yet to do the sea trial waiting on the broker to call back with a deal acceptance. I wouldn't be going this big from my 2400 if i wasn't getting such a good deal on it. It does need some work and some small gel coat repairs but overall this boat just needs some TLC. Im just excited to go from single I/O to twins and getting the extra 2 ft of beam. This is something i can keep for a while and let my wallet shrink as i love seeing my boat from when i buy it to after i get to put all my touches and purchases into it.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:53 AM   #5
Lt. JG

So i had a signed contract on my end today sent it back asking when we could do the sea trial and he replied with the seller decided to go another way with the boat, i just talked to the owner of the boat and he told me the marina played my offer against someone else after i signed the contract and took the other one. This broker does terrible business and can't believe they would do business like this after taking my 10% deposit and everything. im so mad tonight
Old 09-18-2012, 12:57 AM   #6
Captain

Holy crap!!! I hate hearing these stories!!! Unfortunately, things like this gives good brokers a bad reputation....stay with the search nauti, lots of boats out there....
Old 09-18-2012, 02:56 AM   #7
Lt. Commander

That's too bad, keep looking you will find the right boat, don't get discouraged! good luck!
rodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #8
Lt. JG

Do i have any claim against this guy with a text saying we agreed on a price and them taking my deposit?
Old 09-19-2012, 07:44 AM   #9
Ensign

3500 SCR is better because it contain lager space and nice swim platform
Old 09-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
Commander

I would think you should..if you signed an agreement. If you did I would read that very carefully. I hope you got refunded your deposit.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
9Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #11

Arg, this $uck$ I'll preface this with a reminder that this is a forum of somewhat anonymous boaters. Even if a member declares he is a lawyer, you're taking the word of an anonymous poster. Actual legal advice should be sought and provided by a licensed attorney.

Now, for my opinion.... I would think that a large part of this would depend on the wording of the document you signed. I am going to suspect that this would be construed as nothing more than an "offer", until the P & S is signed by both parties. If both parties didn't sign and agree to the offer, then it is not a legally binding contract. They could just as easily signed and returned a different P & S with a new value as a counter offer. You wouldn't need to accept or sign it either.

Now, if your deposit is not returned, that would be a completely different matter and one in which I would certainly be getting a lawyer involved.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote