Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 03:33 AM   #1
Lieutenant

Default Windlass on 2800SCR 2000

Hello , ihad her out last night and hit the switch to lower the anchor and it didnt work, i was wandering were do i look first?

thanks
merry christmas

Old 12-25-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
Commander

Cool windlass

check the breaker switch first .

Old 12-25-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
Admiral

usually in the engine bay there is this huge breaker......reset it....

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
Old 12-26-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
Lieutenant

ok , thanx guys

happy boxing day
Old 12-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #5
Captain

if you open the hatch in the front of your berth, and look up at the windless you will see the big thick red power wire running to the unit. You can get a 12v test light and hook it up at see if you have power.

The windless is a large power draw and the lead goes to the battery switch. around the main battery switch as six fuses in little water poof cansiters, you pull the lid back to expose the fuse. I'd check the fuse under the dash first, with runs the switch at the helm and on the forward deck.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:08 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

I have a 2001 2900 but I think they are the same model but diffferent name. I had a problem with the windlass and it turned out it was a fuse in the engine bay. After a couple of times, I had my mechanic change the fuse for a breaker instead (the fuse was original equipment). All well now.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:10 AM   #7
Ensign

AS for not working and perhaps a step 2, something similar happened to my anchor windlass a season before it died.... At the marina i have piers on both sides, and having the 2700scr in slips designed for 15ft beams, i cant reach the pulpit for a good scrub down from the docks. So instead of backing the boat into the slip i pulled it in bow first putting the anchor and pulpit right over the dock. I had and have a power up power down windlass, so I lowered it to just below the dock so it would be out of the way. Hopped off the boat and began my wash down. Moments later the windlass powered it self back on and raised the anchor on its own latching itself under the floating dock, raising the blanks from the dock as the Delta began to pierce through the dock and loosening the anchor roller plate. I quickly jumped aboard and hit the breaker switch. Fortunately my breaker is at the helm and was easily accessible before it ripped a nice hole in my pulpit. no serious damage was done, but I had to determine the culprit of this unexpected powering of the windlass. My 2700SCR has two anchor locker vents on either side, and inside the anchor locker along with the rode is a solenoid that controls the helm switch. My positioning of the boat allowed me to spray water directly into the vents and onto the solenoid shorting it into power up. So if your fix is not the breaker, look in your locker for a solenoid. I am pretty sure mine was installed as a DIY project but your solenoid could be bad as well.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:02 PM   #8

Two year old problem. I truly hope it is fixed by now.

Closed Thread