Old 01-25-2012, 01:52 AM   #21
Lt. JG

Good Evening Everyone,

Once again thanks for great and valuable insights on the 27-30 foot Maxums and power options. As it is snowing outside, my eyes are glued to various boating sites to avoid thinking about how long a wait remains. I (like Jeff and all other "East-siders" are praying to the weather goods to deliver a short winter and mild Spring, so that we may enjoy more weekends on the water this year. Suddenly a rash of 24's on the market these past couple of months. Nearly none (worth getting serious about) when I was in the hunt and then found Lanikai. I would like to throw out the idea that we East-siders have a Lake CDA meet up somewhere on the lake this season. Too much fun out there not to share it!

To Summer!

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmeans View Post
Took Endless Summer out two Sundays ago, actually... the boys' football and basketball activities are cutting into my end-of-the-year boating seasons as they get older! We moor in Carlin Bay, have I seen your boat in Conkling Park Marina I believe?---or?

Mike S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:02 PM   #22
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymru View Post
Hey Mike,

I also have the 2001 2900SCR with a 7.4MPI and Bravo III. Mine has a factory genny and is really comfortable with 6 people. I think the LOA is about 31.5 foot. Max speed is about 33 by gps when its trimmed nice and a decent cruise is around 24. It's got all the mod cons including AC, etc and really is very comfortable for 4 (2 couples ;-)) sleeping overnight. It's a nice roomy boat and pretty maneuverable once you get used to its size and the single engine. Personally, I'm looking to trade up. I would have preferred the dual engine and if I had to do it all over again, I would of had that. I like a bit more power and a little more speed on the long runs from one end of the lake to the other but that's just my opinion.

Either way, I think they are brilliant boats so good luck to you.
I have same boat! 2001 2900SCR 7.4L MPI 454 w/Bravo 3. Surprisingly easy to maneuver & back into slip on single engine.

NautiGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:54 PM   #23
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NautiGal View Post
I have same boat! 2001 2900SCR 7.4L MPI 454 w/Bravo 3. Surprisingly easy to maneuver & back into slip on single engine.
Hey Nauti this is a five year old post and the person you addressed has not post since 8/2012, not sure he still has the boat.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:28 PM   #24
Lt. JG

Thanks Mike! Got excited when I saw others with same boat as mine & jumped the gun.
NautiGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:34 AM   #25
Lieutenant

2005 Maxum 2900 SE, twin 4.3's EFI, Closed cooling, Bravo 3's. 44 mph with 5 people, 3/4 tank of gas. Minimal in holding tank and fresh water. Aftermarket larger trim tabs. No problem cuming on plane. Lake Cda In Idaho. Easy spinner.
dannyrayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 12:30 AM   #26
Ensign

Maxum did make the 3000SCR with a single 7.4. I looked at two of them before purchasing my 2800SCR with the 7.4. I was concerned 7.4 was not enough to power the heavier and wider 3000SCR. Don't know for sure if it is enough motor or not.

MarkMaxum is offline   Reply With Quote