Old 02-19-2012, 01:20 AM   #1
Lieutenant

Default shower sump in SCR2300

Greetings all,
OK, it's 45 degrees on Cape Cod and from the looks of things winter is not going to show its ugly head so time to get started on some interior boating projects. Last fall I discovered my fresh water tank was located between the head and aft cabin accessed by removing a panel in the aft cabin. Once I found this I discovered a unused water pump disconnected that was mounted to the board that secures the tank with two threaded rods with hooks. I found that the shower grey water was simply draining into the bilge and then pumped outside via the mid bilge pump. There is a pump just in front of the water tank that I am certain was supposed to be connected somehow to the shower sump area but there is nothing to connect the hose coming off the pump to. Is there supposed to be a grey water collection pan that the pump hose connects to? Keep in mind that this boat has the optional grey water holding tank that is located in the engine compartment. I did remove the fresh water tank today to get access to the sump pump and hose assembly to see if it actually worked. There is no float switch or power switch that operates this pump that I can see unless it is supposed to be connected to the same switch in the head that I believe operated the pump (disconnected) that was mounted on top of the board securing the fresh water tank.

Can anyone help me out in trying to figure out what the arrangement is for connecting the sump hose and where the power switch is supposed to be. Is it possible that it is just wired hot so that when a float switch calls for it to run it does?

ccruser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:11 AM   #2
Captain

This sounds familiar, is the title supposed to read 3200scr?? The shower sump drains into a shower sump box with a bilge pump and float switch mounted inside box. West marine or any aftermarket supplier have these available. Sump box discharges thru a starboard thru-hull.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
Lieutenant

No, this is a 2300 scr. The only remaining part of the sump set-up was the pump motor and attached pick up hose with a screen filter attached and the hose ending up laying on the hull under the shower floor. All the shower grey water would drain out of the shower thru the round drain cover/screen and onto the hull then travel a short distance to the centerline bilge pump located just under the aft cabin entrance. I am going to try and post some pics of the set-up but have had difficulty with the pics already taken. Perhaps they are the wrong format- they simply do not upload when I try and attach them. I'll try some new ones taken with my ipad.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
Captain

Tapatalk is the easiest way to upload pics from your iPad. I use this on my iPhone and iPad for pics. Then usually surf forums in safari......I would still think it should have a shower sump box......
Old 02-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #5

Hey there ccruiser1

I owned a 1992 2300SCR before I adopted my 3300 SCR, and it was box stock without a shower sump box. The drain is pumped out by turning on the switch located by the sink. there is a wire screen drain filter that is located between the drain and the pump as well that needs frequent cleanings too...

Nice pocket cruiser you got there, very trailerable yet provides all the comforts of home ;-)

Keep it on plane.......

Bella Sera 3300SCR
Bella Sera 3300SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
Lieutenant

thanks for the reply. Is the drain hose from the pump (inlet) supposed to be connected somehow to the drain screen in the shower floor. There is no goose-neck on the screen that is currently in place. Right now the hose just lies on the floor near the screen. Keep in mind, that the electrical was disconnected as well as the inlet hose. I put voltage to the sump pump to test it and it is ok so I don't know why the previous owner disconnected it. How about the disconnected pump that is mounted on the board on top of the tank itself. I am thinking it is for the sink in the head that is currently plumbed to a thru wall fitting overboard. I wish I could get the download function to work but I am totally unable on any of my computers to get the jpeg's to upload. I am somewhat computer savvy and yet am puzzeled as to why I am having this proble. Photos could help a lot in visualizing what I have here.
Thanks again.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #7
Lieutenant

Greeting everyone. Thought I would bring everyone up to date on the shower sump problem. It is now all back together and works like a charm. Had to cut about 1/2 " off of the shower floor strainer screen flange where the slip nut screws up to secure a drain elbow I picked up at Home Depot. Just a regular pvc elbow about 1 1/4 " diameter. From there I attached a rubber no-hub connector and a series of pvc couplings to get down to the 7/8" drain hose that goes to the screen cleanout filter and then to the pump and out to the grey water tank. I wanted to submit some pics showing what I did but still cannot upload any pics to this website. I have try'd with 3 different computers and the pics do not upload. They are not oversized as they are actually smaller than pics I uploaded back in August.

Anyways, after all this, I started looking on-line again for a plumbing schematic showing the setup but none is available. I did find a part number for the goosneck but when I googled it I still could not get a pic or place to actually purchase one. Who knows.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:02 AM   #8
Ensign

I have the same boat and exactly same problem as you. I went to LOWES but they did not have any parts for this project.
dematel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:04 AM   #9
Ensign

Do you have any new pictures of parts you purchased at home Depot? Thank you. Marcel
dematel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:37 PM   #10
Ensign

Default 1992 SCR Pump Access

How did you get access to this pump area? I need to do similar repair to my shower drain pump AND my fresh water pump. The only access I see is small door, maybe 10"x12" from aft berth. This is not large enough to allow any significant repairs. Was thinking of cutting larger access door. Anyone familiar with this....Thanks.
Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:54 PM   #11
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
How did you get access to this pump area? I need to do similar repair to my shower drain pump AND my fresh water pump. The only access I see is small door, maybe 10"x12" from aft berth. This is not large enough to allow any significant repairs. Was thinking of cutting larger access door. Anyone familiar with this....Thanks.

5 year old post and most of these folks are no longer around, IMO you would be better served by starting a new post with your question.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:09 PM   #12
Ensign

Thank You

Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote