Old 06-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
Ensign

Default sewage tank question for 94 maxim scr 27

What is the capacity and how do you access the sewage holding tank on a 1994 maxim scr 2700? Thanks Darrell

Darrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
Admiral

welcome to the zoo Darrell.....well...they are usually 25gals for the san tank....how do you want to access the tank??..to empty??..if it's to empty it...on the swim step there is a fitting that says "Waste"..open that up and when you go to your local marina..there should be a pump out station...you have to pump the waste out of the tank from that fitting....when it's done..push some water from a hose on the dock into the tank..bout 10 - 15 gals and then pump that out...do that process about 3 times after each use....that will help keep the ordors down...then pour some ordorloss into the toilet and flush that into the tank.....

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
Ensign

[QUOTE=seapuppy;23705]welcome to the zoo Darrell.....well...they are usually 25gals for the san tank....how do you want to access the tank??..to empty??..if it's to empty it...on the swim step there is a fitting that says "Waste"..open that up and when you go to your local marina..there should be a pump out station...you have to pump the waste out of the tank from that fitting....when it's done..push some water from a hose on the dock into the tank..bout 10 - 15 gals and then pump that out...do that process about 3 times after each use....that will help keep the ordors down...then pour some ordorloss into the toilet and flush that into the tank.....

Thanks for the info but I was trying to find access to tank. I need to check my lines. I have what I think is sewage in the bilge. Is that possible?
Old 06-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Ensign

When I pump out I know am not full
Old 06-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #5
Admiral

it should be in the engine bay on the stbd side....if your getting raw sewage in the bilge...it's probably the tank is split or a hose is split...maybe ....but it's in the engine bay...

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:23 AM   #6
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy View Post
it should be in the engine bay on the stbd side....if your getting raw sewage in the bilge...it's probably the tank is split or a hose is split...maybe ....but it's in the engine bay...

SP
I found the culprit. A line came loose at the tank. Thanks for help. One more question. How do you access the shower pump. The shower is a molded fiber unit. I can't find it on either side of shower. Sounds like its directly under drain. Do you access from drain?