Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Default replacing batt charger,

hey guys

im looking to replace the batt charger in my 2001 scr 2800 should i just go back with the
stock one witch is a charles 20amp sp2000 , or is there a better performing,, or maybe more reliable one i should check out?

thanks

jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:42 PM   #2

That Charles 20 amp has basically most of the features you'd be looking for. I like the Xantrex products. I'm not a huge fan of either Guest or ProMariner. I'd prefer a slightly higher amps than 20. Technically, you would be limited to the amps of the shore power circuit. I have a Xantrex 40 amp (3 bank). About my only criticism would be the cooling fan, which is a little on the loud side. Since it's mounted on the bulkhead that seperates the engine compartment from the mid cabin berth, I can hear it sometimes as I'm falling asleep.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
That Charles 20 amp has basically most of the features you'd be looking for. I like the Xantrex products. I'm not a huge fan of either Guest or ProMariner. I'd prefer a slightly higher amps than 20. Technically, you would be limited to the amps of the shore power circuit. I have a Xantrex 40 amp (3 bank). About my only criticism would be the cooling fan, which is a little on the loud side. Since it's mounted on the bulkhead that seperates the engine compartment from the mid cabin berth, I can hear it sometimes as I'm falling asleep.
thanks shrew,

i will stick with the stock charger
Old 06-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #4

I don't think that is a stock charger. That is kind of on the higher end for stock. My 97 came stock with a 2 bank POS.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #5
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
I don't think that is a stock charger. That is kind of on the higher end for stock. My 97 came stock with a 2 bank POS.
really? well i ordered it yesterday

thanks guys
Old 06-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
Lieutenant

tell me, is changing this charger as simple as removing the wires from the old charger one at a time and putting them back in the same spot as i take them off the old one? same generator old and new