Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-04-2010, 08:16 PM   #1
Ensign

Default new to me boat

can anydoby tell me if a 1997 2300sc is a good boat do you know if it rides good in rougher waters .it has a 7.4l with a brovo 3 .i had a older 20v steplift it was a nice boat but omc so i am happy to have a newer boat thank for any info you can give me about 2300sc

k972300sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
Admiral

welcome to the zoo...
the 2300 is a pretty good pocket cruiser.....when it gets rough..the boat will take alot more than you will...with that said...just slow down and put the trum tabs down which will lower the bow....that will plow the bow thru the waves...

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
Ensign

thanks seapup its hard to judge a boat in the winter in the north east . i was also wondering if you can tell me any pros and cons about97 2300sc,if there was any problems with the stringers or bildge i had a wellcraft that had some issues with a little rot.any info on 97 454 7,4l brovo 3 that would be a lot of help also thanksagian
k972300sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:24 PM   #4
Admiral

well...bout the only thing that I found with that sized boat is in the short chop type water..it does pound a bit and becomes uncomfortable...but that boat will definitely take more than you will
as far as rot goes...probably don't have any..bout the only way to really tell is with a moisture meter...drill a sample in the stringer looking for any rotted wood...but overall those boats are pretty solid boats..
as far as the engine/drive goes..they are pretty solid boats as long as you maintain the zinc's ...if your in salt water, you need to maintain the zinc's....otherwise they will not protect the drive against the dielectric corrosion...
zinc's on a b3 drive are the most important thing to protect your drive from become junk al.....so.....with that said....if it has the mercathod system on it....make sure it is working properly...
the mercathod system has a transducer under the bottom of the transom mounting ring ..and there is a blue box located on the port side of the engine ...that is the voltage controller ....ensure that they are working..if your not sure..then have a mercury tech look at it....

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote