Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-15-2011, 06:31 AM   #1
Lt. JG

Default New Maxum owner looking for parts.....

Hello everyone, proud new owner of a 2004 2400 SD that needs a Nav/docking light switch, water pump switch and I have a JBL factory radio that turns on tunes in stations but has no audio. Looked at a few boating stores but haven't found any replacements that will work so I was hopeing someone had any ideas.
Thanks! Brian

brianbossman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
Lt. JG

You may be able to get the switches at US Marine (See sticky note on the General Forum tab). I had problems with my radio when I bought my boat and found that someone had disconnected the speakers.

rscotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Welcome aboard Brian, and congrats on the new-to-you boat.

Regarding the switches, are you certain they are bad? If so go here http://maxumcustomercare.com/, click on Parts Manuals, select your year and model, then view the applicable section (Electrical for your needs) for the part numbers of the switches you need. With P/N's in hand call Jim at 425-885-2628 and order the parts. No fuss, no muss.

The radio in the 2004 2400 SC3 we bought was also dead. Did you also try a CD in it? First, open up the rear access panel for the helm, find the multi-pin plug for the radio, take it apart and put it back together several times to clean the contacts, then see if you have any sound. That process didn't work for mine but is worth a shot.

I ended up replacing mine with another JBL in the hopes of NOT having to re-wire a bunch of stuff. I simply went to the JBL site, found a similar model, found it at an on-line vendor, ordered, received, installed, partied. No fuss, no muss. LOL

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #4
Lt. JG

Thanks for the help, Jim said to tell you thanks! The parts were in stock and will hit the door today. Sounds like the radio is a common "JBL" problem and since I had already tried your recomondations I'll probably look for a new head unit. Thanks again for the help! I'm sure glad the previous owner of my new baby turned me on to this forum...
Old 07-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #5
Admiral

Super, glad it worked out for ya Brian. Jims' an awful nice guy. Credit really goes to member/moderator SeaPuppy here for Jim's contact info.

Just an FYI: My boat has the same switch panels as yours and I recently replaced my horn button. Because of the stupidly small access panel for the helm wiring and electronics, and since there is little room in there because of the steering rack, I found it easier to remove the 4 allen head bolts that hold the silver plastic switch panel to the helm, and then R and R the switch. The allen head bolts are backed by nuts. Either way, you'll probably need 2 people, or freakishly long arms.

Take pictures, man, we like pictures. LOL

Dan
Old 07-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #6
Lt. JG

Per your request.....
[ATTACH][/ATTACH][ATTACH][/ATTACH][ATTACH][/ATTACH][ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Can't wait to get her on the water!!
Old 07-17-2011, 02:08 AM   #7
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscotta View Post
You may be able to get the switches at US Marine (See sticky note on the General Forum tab). I had problems with my radio when I bought my boat and found that someone had disconnected the speakers.
Double checked the speakers today and still no luck. Thanks for the tip though. Looks like it's a new radio for sure now.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #8
Admiral

Not a big bow rider fan but that's a really nice set up, and the boat looks SERIOUSLY clean.

Well bought Brian.

Dan
Old 07-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #9
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss3964spd View Post
Not a big bow rider fan but that's a really nice set up, and the boat looks SERIOUSLY clean.

Well bought Brian.

Dan
Thanks Dan, and she is a very, very clean boat. I was ecstatic to get her at a great price as well. The previous owner was very meticulous with her but, just not very handy so a lot of little items to take care of before our maiden voyage. Things like switches replaced, intermittent sink/shower pump issues, radio, loose screws etc. And..... I will be replacing the impeller on Thursday as well. I am hoping for an un-eventful voyage this weekend!
Old 07-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #10
Lt. JG

I almost forgot......you have a sweet handle btw. Got a pic for you to check out.....
Click image for larger version

Name:	1968 SS.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1386
Old 07-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #11
Admiral

that's just too gorgeous to drive!!!....suuuuuweeeet!!!..

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #12
Admiral

Nice Chevelle Brian, very, very clean looking - like that yellow and white tub you recently purchased.

Mine isn't a Chevelle.................

Name:	491881549_798e8330dc.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	1392Click image for larger version

Name:	Impala 1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	1393Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine 1.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	1394
Old 07-18-2011, 09:54 PM   #13
Admiral

Quote:
Nice Chevelle Brian, very, very clean looking - like that yellow and white tub you recently purchased.

Attachment 1392Attachment 1393Attachment 1394

my step brother had the same car when they first came out new....only in red....that was some awesome chunk of chevie.....

nice!!!!
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:32 PM   #14
Lt. JG

Quote:

Attachment 1392Attachment 1393Attachment 1394
Sweet ride and what a nice restore! I can see the original style coil, repo wires, proper hose clamps, windshield bottle……etc. Great job, great eye for detail! I couldn’t see the factory chalk marks though…. Wish I was closer to check her out. Have you had her scored? Regardless, sweet ride and congrats!
Old 07-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #15
Admiral

I think there is a quote about a particuarly rickety WWII era bomber that went something like "a collection of parts all flying in loose formation". Pretty much describes the big Impala when I bought it. It was a seriously butt cheek clenching drive home with it - I think there is still a "gather" in the center of seat. Good news: It was a numbers matching car and it was 100% complete. Body and paint were already done to impressively high standards. Interior was pretty good, requiring only new carpet and having the dash bezel re-chromed and some other odds and ends. Bad news: Mechanically, it was a mess.

Because it was NM I decided to keep it stock, right down to reproduction bias plys. The only deviations were the Hurst shifter and some minor, almost undetectable liberties with the exhaust. Got really anal about it being "correct". Did the car show thing in the Restored class. Rarely failed to bring some piece of plastic.

Name:	File0001.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	562.3 KB
ID:	1398

I did get tired of competing at shows though. Tough to enjoy a show AND keep fussing with the car to keep it clean. Got to the point that I'd take it a show but wouldn't register the car to compete. More recently I wanted to enjoy driving it - which proved next to impossible with the bias plys. And oh, also decided the original 396 just wasn't making enough power to keep me entertained.

So in addition to the big radials on 17" rims I have a "mild" 489 on an engine stand waiting to go in as soon as I'm finished with my latest home improvement project.