Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-11-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
hmc
Ensign

Default Getting ready to sell my 2400SCR

I just had an opportunity to take some west coast orders with follow on orders overseas, so can't take the boat with me. It was an opportunity I could not pass up, I was supposed to be in the Pensacola Florida area for 4 years and just hit my one year mark last month. I bought the boat this past summer with the expectations of at least 3 years if not more if I transferred close by (and of course near water).

At the end of summer the engine stalled, got towed in and the marina mechanic diagnosed at time as starter and was willing to fix for labor only if I purchased the part, 3 weeks and a long story later I ended up taking the boat to a real mechanic/boat shop. The new start torqued the crap out of the mounts and the engine was seized from salt water. So I ended up with having to drop an brand new engine, complete, nothing reused from old engine. Engine is also not a rebuild but a Mercruiser crate. Like I said I thought I would have it for a long time. I actually don't even pick up until next week, the guy cut me a deal if he could work on it during off season-spare time and since I wasn't planning on using it during the winter I could not pass up the deal. So stopped by and asked him to finish it up and from there it is getting detailed at a local boat dealer for consignment at 10% of final price. Need to go the consignment route in case I can't her before I leave.

So if anyone is interested send me a message. The boat is a '94 will have less than 10hrs or so on new engine ( I plan on taking it out one more time for the day), pro detail job, comes with Cabin enclosure, new set of batteries and a aluminium light weight triple axle trailer. Stove, fridge etc is fully functioning. Seats have some wear, but look good and interior is in great shape.

I know that I won't get what I just paid for the boat and engine replacement. I am asking $18K OBO if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0831.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1395Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_08302.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1396Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-08-04 06.44.45.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1750Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0829.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1397

hmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:22 AM   #2
Admiral

wow hmc...sorry to hear that your having to leave your boat now that your getting it fixed....best of luck in yuor next adventure....

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote