Old 07-27-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
Lieutenant

Default Electrical Wires (Cabin)

I have two wires that are in need of repair/replacement. The ends of them have been cut and spliced so many times that there is no room to cut and splice them anymore (litterally). I can't figure out how to re-run them.

The wires in consideration are:

Red/Green Running lights on Anchor Pulpit. Light sometimes goes out - I assume from bad connectors in the wires (numerous splices, but-connectors, etc). "Banging" the pulpit usually gets the lights back on! I can get at the wires from the forward (anchor chord) locker - but I have NO idea how to get them from there to the forward section of the pulpit. The wires appear to run THROUGH the pulpit. Is this thing hollow or something?! I couldn't seem to "pull" it at all through there.

Horn power. I posted about this a while back - I can one one trumpt, but not TWO from the line. (Voltage drop - probably bad, over-stretched wire too thin to carry current for both trumpets). This wire runs behind the "camel fuzz stuff" on the roof of the cabin - I can't figure out how to pull it/remove it/get around/under it - let alone get it back into place when I'm done. (Glue?) An ideas?

Thanks all!

-Brad
bkgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote