Old 06-08-2012, 03:07 AM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Clarifacation on 30" configurations

Greetings Everyone, as we limp into summer here in Eastern Washington. That sad news aside, I am now looking to move up from a 2400SE to the 3000. My wife and I both prefer the configuration sporting a "dinette" arangement below,as opposed to the small "table-for-two" facing the galley.

Was our preferred model only produced pre-2000,or is there a specific model I should be chasing down. I might add that as we made the decision to move to a larger boat, we have looked at a number of other manufacturer's' craft....and always come back to the Maxum. $ for $ and pound for pound, it remains our favorite in terms of design and ammenities.

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Mike

Mike S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:27 AM   #2
Captain

there are about six 2800scr to 3000scr on ebay right now.

i watch the prices, check the layouts in pictures, mfg year and the locations.

give you some idea on the market.

pascavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:34 AM   #3
Admiral

hope your search is successful.....should make sure that you get it a good professional survey done before seatrials..

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
Ensign

Ok here we go,

I own a 1997 3000SCR since 2000. Great boat take I it on 2 week long trips all the time. I have a wife and 2 kids and plenty of room. Here are some opinions and only mine.

My boat has twin 5.7 EFI engines with Alpha Gen II outdrives and SS props.

The 2800 / 2900SCR is too small, for the same money you can pick up a 3000SCR. I have a few friends who love my boat and ended up getting 2900SCR and are now trying to sell to move up. The interior size diff is about twice in the 3000SCR.

Now as far as options, my engines are nice but if I would have known better I would have made sure I got it with BravoII outdrives.

So here is the run down, 3000SCR was made from 1997 to 2001. Look on Yachtworld.com for the biggest selection.

For the 1997 model, I have the largest engine package, in the later years they went to twin 5.0 MPI with Bravo II and Bravo III drives. I would look for the Bravo II, the Bravo III drives in the 1990's had corrosion issues.
If possible try to find one with no electronics, save on the price and put in what you want that is what I did.
Make sure it has Air Conditioning, there is allot out there with none don't know why?
Also a bonus is a Generator, rare but they do pop up ever so often.

Any other questions ask.
destination unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
Captain

its tempting to use the same money to buy a boat 3 years older with one more engine, but 30' boats with twins have no re sale value around here.

the good ones are priced in the $45k to $75k and those have been advertised for years.

the bad ones, 1998 with carborated, v-8 twins, are to costly to operate at $5 a gallon, and are selling for low $20k.

depends if you want a dock side house boat, or something you want to drive.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #6
Ensign

My wife and I just bought a 2000 3000scr. It has twin 5.0 with bravo2 drives, which produces far more power than I expected. With 5 people, full fuel, and the usual collection of junk, it jumps up on plane. We wanted the other floor plan, ours has the l-shaped couch with the smaller table, because it provided more floor space to move around in. When we were looking, we found several without a/c, also several that did not have hour meters. Only been in the water for about a month, but so far we love this boat.
partskenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #7
Captain

i wonder if there is something he's not telling us?

1997 Maxum 3000 SCR - $24000 (Bridgeport, CT)

Date: 2012-06-11, 4:30PM EDT
Reply to: kgfkz-3071511997@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1997 Maxum 3000 SCR $24000/OBO
Features:
Type: Cruiser (Power) Engine
Type: Twin I/O
Length: 30.0 feet
Engine Make: Mercruiser 4.3LXGen+ w/ Bravo I's
Primary Fuel Type: Gas
Beam: 11 feet
Fuel Capacity: 152 gallons
Hull Material: Fiberglass

Description:
This is a 1997 Maxum 3000 SCR. I purchased this boat from Russo Marine in Medford Ma in July 2010. I have the Marine Survey that was completed as part of my Purchase and it shows the general overall condition of this vessel as good. The present value noted in the survey of this vessel is $44,500. I will send the survey for reference purposes only to serious inquiries. I am selling this vessel to move up to a larger boat.

Improvements since the Survey include:
• 2 New Interstate starting batteries July '10 $300
• New Battery Charger (Model 2621A) July '10 $375
• New 6 Gal Water Heater July '10 $400
• Both Engines received complete tune ups including new wires, plugs, coils, and complete Carburetor rebuild $1,400 July '10
• Hull & Top Side Buffed - June '11
• Fresh Bottom Paint - June '11
• New Clear Enclosure Front, and sides and Bimini repair $750
• New Port side transmission shift cable and lower unit servicing June '11 $500
• Pressure Water System Installed -- July '11 $300
• Premium Sony Marine Speakers Installed in Cockpit July '11 - $175
• Qty -- 4 New Hull Guard Fenders - $150
• New 14.5X19 Propellers June '12 - $350

Additional Parts Purchased not Installed available for buyer paying the Full asking Price:
• 2 Brand New Rochester Carburetors ($600)
• Brand New Alternator ($175)

Addtl features include:
• Twin 4.3LV6 Mercruiser engines. One engine was reported as new in 2010 and other rebuilt in 2009.
• VHf Radio & Garmin GPS
• Spotlight
• JVC Stereo with 12 Disc CD Changer
• Green bimini top with full enclosure
• Cockpit carpets
• 30 Amp Shore Power
• 4 Batteries with 2 Switched (House & Engine) plus a master disconnect Switch
• Full galley w/refrigerator, sink, Alcohol/Electric Stove, Corian counters
• Full head w/ shower, sink, Manual flush toilet
• Bennett hydraulic trim tabs

Additional:

This boat is turn key and ready for use. The engines run very well. This boat has a roomy cabin that will sleep six comfortably. This boat is well maintained and has seen approximately 30 hrs of use since I purchased it. This vessel is documented with the US coast Guard. This is a great opportunity to own a boat for less than its current worth.

All information is accurate to the best of my knowledge based on the information communicated to me upon initial purchase in July 2010. Additional pictures are available upon request.

This boat is being sold "As-Is" "Where-Is" and will be the responsibility of the owner to relocate the boat within 2 weeks of purchase.

The Boat is currently on Dry Dock at Rivers End Marina (Shelton, CT)...and will be commissioned and brought to EEYC (Bridgeport, CT) within the next two weeks. Very limited ability to show and demo boat...serious inquiries only Please.

Additional pictures available upon request.

Contact Darren 607 727-5428
Old 06-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #8
Lieutenant

I like my 99 3000SCR with twin 5.7 efi Bravos, just need to increase the patio as soon as possible. If you get one you will love it, it's a big 30'er.
I have a few friends we hang out with, 2000 Four Winns 2965, I'm about 3 feet longer and taller, 2006 Four Winns 310, Im taller at gunnels and radar arch and a little longer, 2004 Sea Ray 320, just as tall, not as wide but only 1'+ shorter.