Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Camper Top

I have a 1999 SC2300 and have all the camper enclosures but have no idea how to set it up. Anyone have a diagram or something visual I can look at?

TayTay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:35 PM   #2

Is this the Bimini section (FWD) or the camper section (AFT), or the entire thing? Having problems with the frame, the canvas, or both? Do you have any pics of the hardware and problem? We have quite a few 2300 owners around, so someone might be able to tell you off the top of their head.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #3
Lt. JG

Shrew,

I believe the whole thing. The boat has the bimini top on right now. I have the enclosure sections in the garage but have no idea how they go together. I also dont have any other frame parts. It looks like the camper enclosure frame would mount on the interior side of the boat and bimini top frame is outside of that.
TayTay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Tay,

Don't know if this will be of any help but on my 2004 MY 2400 SC3 everything attaches to the bimini.

The enclosures for my boat consist of 4 sections: the forward enclosure between the front of the bimini and the windshield, the sides panels, and the rear slant back enclosure. None of these bits have their own frame, they all hang off the bimini and it's frame.

The front top edge of the front enclosure zippers onto the front top edge of the bimini and the bottom edge snaps onto the top edge of the windshield frame. The side enclosures, thou not rectangular, have 4 sides; the top zippers onto the bimini, the front zippers onto the previously installed front enclosure, the bottom snaps onto the windshield frame, and the rear will zipper onto the rear enclosure. The top of the rear enclosure zippers onto the rear top edge of the bimini, the left and right side of the rear enclosure zippers onto the left and right rear of the side enclosures, and the bottom of the rear enclosure is held on by snaps attached to the hull.

I think.

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:35 PM   #5
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

BTW, there may have been two different rear enclosures. A true "camper" rear enclosure would have to have it's own supporting frame unless the bimini extends all the way to the rear most seat on the boat. You may have the slant back rear enclosure, similar to mine, which does not have it's own frame.

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #6

Tay, do you have pics (or could you take some) that detail the challenge you are having?
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #7
Ensign

Pics please I'm interested in seeing your camper! I have a top that looks like this, but it's a bad pic I'll try to take a better one...

bustac is offline   Reply With Quote