Old 05-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Default Bow Filler cushion issues 2004 2400SR

So I got my boat a couple of years ago and one thing that has bothered me, that I was again reminded of this past weekend, was when I convert the open bow and add the plastic filler pieces and cushion they won't stay in. My boat has 2 separate plastic filler pieces. One is curved and fits all the way up in the front and the other one is much bigger and it tapered to fit behind that one. The pieces fit nicely, spanning across the open area and resting on the little ledges like they are supposed to but after a time or two of one of my kids walking across them usually the front will with fall thru and end up on the floor with the kid on top of it. It seems that the rear one should be longer so it can't slide around so much. Am I doing something wrong? See the attached picture and look at the ledge the plastic filler pieces fit on...
Attached Thumbnails
BOW.jpg  

jrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #2

Moved fromm Engines to Sport Cruisers

I see your problem right there. The bow filler is missing.

I'd get a SS snap kit or a 'Lift a Dot' kit. Get some webbing. screw the webbing on the filler board, place the snaps on the end of the webbing and the other piece to the boat. Now snap the filler down so it holds. You may want to use the twist connectors or lift a dot insted of traditional snaps.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #3
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

So, the rear filler board slides rearward, thus allowing the front, tappered, board to do the same, resulting in a trap door for the kids.

And that's a problem?

Seems all you need to do is devise a way of keeping the rear board from moving aft. Is there enough of the support ledge behind each end of the rear board into which you could screw in some sort of stop?
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote