Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 3000 scr

We just bought a 1999 Maxum 3000 scr and I have a few questions that I'm trying to figure out. The boat has twin 220hp 5.0 with bravo two drives, what kind of top speed and cruising speed do you get with this setup. What about fuel burn? What kind of props are other people running? The boat also has a starbord lean to it, any other boats have that and what have you done to fix it. We love the boat and I can't to start making it my own.

captainholdmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
Admiral

Capt...welcome to the zoo...the 3000scr is a great boat as long as you got one that was well maintained....I don't know what props others are running but if I remember right..you should top out between 4400-4800 rpm at somewhere near 42mph...WOT (wide open throttle) is the recommended top speed the engines should hit at rpm...

lean..well...just about all boats lean a bit due to the manufacturers poor attempt at balancing loads...some people ensure their water tank is full....that usually does it..but if your still getting a lean...relocate your batt. bank to the other side will usually fix it....but adjusting loads inside the boat is probably the only thing needed....moving heavy gear from one side to the other...
post some photo's of your new love ..we're all about pic's...

SP...

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:37 PM   #3
Admiral

Capt........we have a 2001 3000SR and sometimes the gas tanks will get alittle lop sided. Mine does alittle listing but I just put more beer on the other side to balance it out :-)

I have the 5.0L carbs and cruising for me with our bravo 2's with our aluminum 21 X 18 3/4 prop is around 3800 RPM at 30 MPH. WOT is around 42 mph. Play with your trim tabs before you mess with the outdrive trim when running. It doesn't need much.

We love our boat! It has been great to us.......

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:36 AM   #4
Lieutenant

Capt----- I have the 1999 3000 scr for a little over a year and love it. I have the twin 5s with bravo drives. The motors are 2005 courtesy of the prior owner not winterizing properly. I put digital tachs with fuel consumption gauges on and have found my sweet spot to be about 3300 rpm and 26 MPH and keeping fuel at about 11 gph each motor. I'm still playing around with it and fine tuning the gauges, but it seems to be working pretty well around those numbers. I've, found when I jump up to the high 3000s my fuel gph sky rockets and I don't realize a significant speed increase to justify burning the extra $4 per gallon gas.
jayesq is offline   Reply With Quote