Old 04-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #11
Ensign

Then you are my new best friend. My truest passion is aviation, especially airliners. The name indeed comes from your aircraft (SSHHH) and the fact that our boat is the "liner" my wife and I have always dreamed of. You aren't going to get me in any trademark trouble are you? If you think there might be a problem then I will change the name to S.S. Mildew given all the PEX fittings that have exploded since we activated the FW system.

Dreamliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:35 AM   #12
Admiral

Welp.....best friends buy the beer!!!.......just kidding...

I don't think boeing would sue you for the name on your boat unless you paint it 3 shades of blue!!...

been working at boeing for 13 yrs and the 787 for the past 7 in the Electromagnetics Effects Group...we're responsible for not letting the plane spark, arc or glow in the dark!!

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #13
Ensign

Would've loved to have been there for first flight. That and the -8s.

Also nice to meet another student of the ancient art of KLIK-PAO

BTW, belated Happy Birthday. I've got 3 to go til mine.

However, we digress for this particular thread. Someone's gonna start yellin for us to "take it outside".

Thanks again.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #14
Admiral

other than it was a great day to be on the program to watch first flight....(friggin cold though).....anyway...
we're starting the dash 9 now.....

yep...been a gunner for most of my life...not rabid...but a gunner...just picked up another custom built m4 carbine....got it for about half the price of them in the store....shoots danged nice....

thanks for the belated....hang tight...you'll get here.....

no problem about digressing...I own the keys.........ok..I don't actually own them..I just mind the store!!!....

anytime

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 05-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #15
Ensign

" I can do anything. I'm the chief of police."
Old 05-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post
.........given all the PEX fittings that have exploded since we activated the FW system.
If the connectors are truly rupturing, this is an indication that at some point the freshwater system may not have been properly winterized. When i bought my boat, it was properly winterized. However over the next season I kept chasing failed connectors and water leaks. I eventually gave up and ripped them all out and replaced them all. It happens. One thing to note, these connectors are the EXACT same as they use in RV's. However, for some reason the RV place charges significantly less than the marine chandlery. The guy at the RV store even looked at me funny and said "I don't know if these can be used in a Boat". Then I pointed out the WHALE brand name on teh parts LOL.

You can use Dreamliner for a boat name. It's neither a business name nor a product name and your not selling anything. you are all set. You could name your boat Boeing if you wanted to.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #17
Ensign

Thanks loads Shrew. The boat sat for about 6 yr. before my marina owner ( my son in law ) got it and I talked him out of it so I was assuming that the connections are old and dried out.

The RV store is a great suggestion.

Also thanks for the heads up on the name. Corporate lawyers can get pretty aggresive and Boeing makes fighters and missles too.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #18
Admiral

actually "Dreamliner" is copywrited by the Boeing Commercial Aircraft Group....but for something like your boat....I doubt they would go after you ...

luckily we haven't stuck any missiles on any commercial aircraft!!!...only on the drones and military aircraft.!!!..

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 05-02-2012, 12:54 AM   #19
Commander

A bit on the PEX here. I have a small boat so no plumbing in it
I do have a 31ft RV though and have worked on the water heater fittings and re-done the whole dang setup. I bought all my PEX stuff at Home Depot. To be honest I am more of a Lowes guy myself but the HD stuff seemed a bit better than what Lowes had and the price was about the same. Go check it out, they have a pretty good stock of fittings, pipe, crimps and tools. I got the ratchet cutter, brass ring crimp tool (look like large bolt cutters) and the various fittings and brass crimp rings needed for my job. Also got 2 5ft sticks of pipe as I did not need a whole box.

Just a thought anyway
mcoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #20
Ensign

Thanks for yet another great suggestion, mcoffey. you wouldn't be Mike Coffey originally from Miami, FL would you?

Seapuppy...Yes. And the exact logo is a copywrited trademark of the BCAG. I can't help it! I admire the aircraft and have always admired the company too much not to ( in my interpretation ) honor it. If i get stuck the name will just have to get unstuck

Airbus jets are for kids...and poor airlines that have to have their craft "given" to them. ( I'll politely ignore Emirates in that last statement.)