Old 06-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
Ensign

Default 2800 scr-99

Friends

I Have problem to find a proper manual to my boat.
I'm trying to find out how the fresh water + waste tank systems Are working.

Anyone who Have a manual to share and to upload ??
Ryss Rolf

Rolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #2

I don't have a manual, nor am I sure they would be very helpful. I have replaced the head, santitation lines and holding tank as well as replaced a majority of the freshwater plumbing on my 97 2800 SCR. Let us know the question or problem and I'm sure we could come up with something for you. All questions are accepted and we don't judge.

Plus include a little info. that you do have. Such as is the head a manual pump, electric flush, or vacuum? Manual Pump is fairly obvious. Electric Flush usually has a button that flushes while you hold it. Vacuum looks like an airline toilet with a foot pedal in most cases, and the hole is covered with usually a white valve-like doo-hickey-mabob. (that's right doo-hickey-mabob, it's a technical term) LOL.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
Admiral

" doo-hickey-mabob. (that's right doo-hickey-mabob, it's a technical term)"

REALLY????...your going with that one???

how bout a Ball Valve

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
Ensign

Hi guys
"dont need a plumber yet" :-)

It's a manual pump and it's working rather well.
I'm curious to know how it work and if i'm able to empty the waste holding tank while driving or not?
What do i have to concider if i replace it with an electrical one??
Rgds Rolf
Old 06-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
Admiral

Rolf,
emptying the san tank is really based on what waters you boat in...ie the US has a 12 mile limit on dumping....so..where I boat I have to find a pump out station to suck the waste out....
there is a fitting on or near the stern of the boat labeled "WASTE"...open that up and using a pump out station..remove the waste into a sewer system...

if your in waters where dumping is legal....down on your right side at the helm..there should be 2 rocker switches that need to be pushed in order to dump it overboard via the macerator pump sitting on or near your santank in the engine bay...

water systems are pretty simple....put water into the fresh water tank from a fitting that is marked "water" on the cap....remove that...sometimes I add a little bromine or chlorine to keep the tank from smelling badly......there is a pressure type of pump also in the engine bay that pumps water to the water heater and the spigots around the boat....that needs slight maintenance to keep it working well....

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 06-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

Location: Liberty Lake, WA... moored on Beautiful Coeur D' Alene Lake, ID

Shrew & SP;
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think USA/Coast Gaurd (EPA) law is he's got to be 20 miles off-shore to dump in the ocean. Plus, I don't know how you'd get it out of the holding tank bobbing around out there. One of my boating buddies has your exact same boat (manual flush) and he (like me) has to pump out on the lake we moor at (Coeur D' Alene, ID). I have a 2001 2900 SCR with a vacuflush and we have the same 16 gallon holding tank which requires pulling up to a dump station and sucking it out. Replacing it with an electric one won't change it I'm pretty sure... however, the self-contained Purasion unit for $1,300 (see SKU PST1202 @ this link; http://www.raritaneng.com/store/page5.html) might be something worth looking at. This same friend's BROTHER has a 29 SeaRay on Lake Washington in the Seattle Area with a similar unit on his boat... VERY cool and something I've contemplated buying one day.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #7
Admiral

nope...CC regs require you to be 12mi off shore to be legal to dump....

raratan units aren't cheap..but might be with it if you can get it installed.....

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 06-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
Ensign

Hi

Thanks very much !
R
Old 06-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #9

As far as overboard discharge goes, You can install a macerator pump onto your holding tank. You would hook up a tail spar to an alternate output fitting on the holding tank. NOTE: Input and Vent fittings are at the TOP of the tank, while discharge and pump out fittings are at the bottom of the holding tank. Then connect a hose to the tailspar, then the other end of the hose to a macerator pump, then the discharge of the macerator pump to another host that connects to a through hull fitting.

Mine has 2 single throw switches that have to both be held at the same time in order to discharge overboard.

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?...5197&id=146947

discharging balck water is illegal on freshwater bodies and within THREE miles, unless stated as a no-discharge zone. There are many places where it is labelled No Discharge well beyond the 3 mile limit. Long Island Sound and Block Island sound are examples. I suspect that Seapuppy boats in such an area and for him, the closest is 12 miles.

And Yes, 'Doo-Hickey-Ma-bob' is a perfectly technical term and not to be confused with a what-cha-ma-call-it.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #10
Admiral

or thingamajig....

yes..the waters here are 12mi limit....maybe where you boat is 3 mi...

I thought the cc regs were universal in the conus...

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 06-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #11

PlasticDisposal prohibited into any watersThe discharge of all garbage is prohibited in the navigable waters of the United States and, in all waters, within three nautical miles of the nearest land.Dunnage, lining, and packing materials that floatDisposal prohibited less than 25 miles from nearest land and in U. S. Navigable WatersUnground GarbageDisposal prohibited less than 12 miles from nearest land and in U.S. Navigable watersGarbage ground to less than one inchDisposal prohibited less than 3 miles from nearest land and in U.S. Navigable Waters

Federal law says that untreated sewage (even if it's been dosed with a deodorant product) can NOT be discharged in inland or coastal waters. This means the sewage from a portable toilet or a Type III holding tank can not be discharged unless you are in the ocean more than 3 miles offshore.

http://www.boatus.org/onlinecourse/r...ect/info4c.htm

http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/polcg.htm

Again, the standard is 3 miles, unless specified otherwise. There are many areas in the greater Long Island Sound, block Island Sound, Cape Cod and Islands areas which extend no dumping well beyond the 3 mile limit.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:26 AM   #12
Lt. Commander

click on this link you can download it here....I had a 2000 myself...and this helped me a lot even thought is the manual for an 02 is the same boat....good luck http://www.maxumboatparts.com/manuals/2955MU.htm
rodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 06:08 PM   #13
Lieutenant

I have a 99 2800 SCR with the 2 helm switches also. When I push both the pump comes on. Is there some kind of lever that needs to be thrown to switch from manual to macerator pump? Also, where does it pump it out from when out in the middle of the water 12 miles out?

Roc64 is offline   Reply With Quote