Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-30-2010, 01:23 AM   #1
Ensign

Default 2700 SE Odor from the head!

I own a 2005 2700 SE and smell odors from the head from the two vent holes underneath the refrigerator. Does anyone else have this problem or does this indicate a leak in my plumbing?

Blues Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
Admiral

Hi BC
welcome to the zoo....
the problem sounds like you have a problem with the plumbing...I have never had san-smells come from my fridge so I would say there is a problem and needs to be investigated ....

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #3

Is your head and fridge on the same side of the boat? My galley is opposite my head, so in my case it would be more than weird. wht type of head do you have, porta-pottie, manual pump, eletric, vacu-flush?
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #4
Ensign

Yes, the head and fridge are on the same side of the boat. It's a manual flush toilet.
Blues Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:52 AM   #5
Captain

well there's got to be a leak somewhere at the connection or at the hose of the head, can't you find anything of faeces in your midpart bilge, but first clean toilet an hoses and bilge with bleach for a few times, and than smell again. if you smell bleach under the fridge you know ther's a leak, check them all. then clean the toilet and the bilge again with bleach for a few times and then smell again.....ther's got to be a leak for sure.......by the way, how old is the boat........the older it is the more chance you have on leaks....

good luck

greatz, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:09 PM   #6

The entire Jabsco head is a bolt-on. There should be a raw waer hose coming in from a through-hull fitting with a seacock, and a sanitation hose going back to the holding tank. Fropm the head the larger hose will be the sanitation hose going to the holding tank and the smaller hose will be the raw water hose. The holding tank should have the hose from the head, a hose to the pump out. If you have a macerator, then another sanitation hose going to the macerator and a smaller vent hose going to the 'clam-shell' on the outside of the boat. I would not expect any connections between the head and holding tank with the exception of the hose and clamp on the head and the hose and clamp on the holding tank.

check every single connection. If you don't see it and smell it in the head, check the holding tank extra carefully. If it were leaking from the head, I expect that you might see a stain, if not black water right in the head. Make sure the clamps are tight and in good repair. Replace any missing or rusted clamps. Ed's suggestion for bleach is a good idea. I've always liked using food coloring to try and see where the leak is coming from as well. (I wouldn't suggest that anyone mix ANY substances with bleach, so pick a method or do both independently).

Good Luck
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #7
Captain

hai blues,

as shrew said if you cant find the leak and the hoses are white or grey, use collored wallpaint on water base mixed with water. if you cleaned and dryed the bilge compartiments, hoses and connections, start putting the mixed paint in the toilet and in the shower abduction.....i bet you will see a drip off the colored paint somewere....and quess what.....there is the leak......i cant think there is an other way to find it.... use a colored liquid

greatz and succes, ed

ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote