Old 01-17-2019, 01:51 AM   #21
Admiral

Guys this is getting out of hand. We’re all here as Maxum owners trying to help each other, there is no right wrong in this case it’s just a matter of personal preference. Calguy provided an option if the OP or anyone else wishes to go that way, however Calguy I feel you over reacting a bit as are some other. I suggest this thread be locked and we move on. Thanks to all for you inputs.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:07 AM   #22
Lieutenant

Thanks Mike.... my entry was never meant to create controversy or dissent.....JUST INFORMATION...SORRY now that I ever made the post...

Calguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:29 AM   #23
Lt. Commander

All good input! One of the previous owners of my 2700 decided to scrap (gouge) the letters off of the hull. So I need to find a way to cover the damaged area and a vinyl decal is a cost effective way to accomplish the task. Not original but a viable alternative.

I would just like to say that I do appreciate all the input and support we provide each other as well as welcoming new members. Mid winter is a stressful time for all of us northerner who are dry docked for the next 3 months. The countdown is on, 90 days for me.
MoonRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:03 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calguy View Post
Thanks Mike.... my entry was never meant to create controversy or dissent.....JUST INFORMATION...SORRY now that I ever made the post...
You did the right thing.
In this forum only some are right and only this some opinion count.
Read some posts and you find out....
Everybody do what they like to do with them boat
If you can't help don't step in with stupid comments and try to push down the other members.
This is why I step back and don't help anymore.
Enjoy your forum.
Gugi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:04 PM   #25
Admiral

Just having some fun Mike... No need to lock the thread. I sometimes forget where the humor level falls on this site.
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:06 PM   #26

Wow, this went south.

@Calguy. My comment was that your comment inferred that you speak for all of California and that Californian's have a style and sensibility different or greater than the rest of the 49 states (Or, being a Global site) that the states have a style or sensibility greater than anywhere else in the world). It just caught me as being 'funny'. It was not meant as a dig at you.

Honestly, I laugh whenever anyone makes generalized statements like "Around here we watch out for each other" (And, what it's a post-apocalyptic 'Mad Max' world in my neighborhood?) I find any and all references to a particular social behavior being attributed to a government established region (like a state) as a very funny concept.

I certainly didn't mean to have that turn into this. I apologize for offending you.

Nobody is taking digs at you directly, no need to lash out and take digs at people or their online names. (Incidentally, Shrew is also a small, furry mammal)

@Gugi

Yes, everyone has an opinion and is entitled to express it. Sometimes people don't agree with other people's opinion. That is the beauty of a forum. Your participation is appreciated. Your level of participation is completely up to you.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 05:49 PM   #27
Lieutenant

Shrew no prob.... Never meant to give that impression......California is one of the most politically messed up places in the nation any way....
Calguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:04 AM   #28
Captain

Calguy
No truer words have been spoken about this state.
don
2012 South Bay Pontoon
donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 03:06 AM   #29
Ensign

I doubt you will find any original lettering, has to be custom made. Here's a link you can check out - FL Yacht Signs

reilly is offline   Reply With Quote