Old 09-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default 2400 SCR... Give me some input

Looking at the 2400 scr.. they seem like they have the most cabin height, and best layout of the 25 ft pocket cruisers. I like to camp in the boat.. and hangout for the day in it. I also fish allot (coming from a 21 CC) But I dont want a strictly fishing boat as I use it more for cruising and want an overnight cabin. How is the cabin comforts? Can I see pics of your boat?

NJSURF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:20 AM   #2
Admiral

well...it's kinda hard to give input other than to suggest www.yachtworld.com

please don't forget to get it surveyed before you test drive...

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
Lt. Commander

have the same boat
it's ok for a night out with max 2 (with more people it's overcrowded)
the hight is OK and the layout on the inside is good enough
if it's a day trip i wouldnt bring more than 6 people aboard
included a picture
rens
Attached Thumbnails
3.jpg  
rens914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #4

NJsurf,

I like to make a list of the 'needs & wants'. More importantly, I have everyone who will be involved with the boat make a list of 'needs & wants'. I'm not talking about the occassional guest. I'm talking about spouse and children. such as:

1) Who will be regularly using the boat?
2) How many people?
3) In order of importance (to each person) list activities you/they want to do.
4) In order to time allocation (to each person) list the activities you/they want to do.

Boats are an excercise in compromise. Express cruisers, such as what you're looking at, tend to make mediocre (at best) fishing boats. Fishing boats make mediocre cruising boats. A good combination cruising and fishing boat such as a convertible (hence the name) doesn't really start until around 31+ ft.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
Captain

boattest.com

greatz, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:33 AM   #6
Lieutenant

I have the 2300SCR and love it. We hemmed and hawed about the type of things you are talking about. In the end, there was one very importiant principal that it came down to:

In a boat like this, you aren't spending a lot of time below deck.

You sleep there, change there, and go to the bathroom there. Maybe a *little* cooking, (we use our clamp-on, on-deck grill for 99% of the cooking!)

We eat on deck, hang out on deck, socialize on deck, lounge in the sun on deck, etc. When we're underway, we're sitting on the deck, (only infrequently, if someone is tired, might they go lie-down below deck while underway).

I'm not saying your usage would be the same as ours - but be cognizant of this train-of-though! We imagined having us inviting people over, sitting and dining around the table in the cabin. We've NEVER done it! Everything's always on-deck!

So you can (as you mentioned) - view this as kind of "camping" on the boat. If you're looking not just for a "tent", but rather a "living room" - I think you need to step to something considerably larger before you're going to be comfortable using your boat for this.

Just food for thought! ;-)
bkgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #7
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSURF View Post
Looking at the 2400 scr.. they seem like they have the most cabin height, and best layout of the 25 ft pocket cruisers. I like to camp in the boat.. and hangout for the day in it. I also fish allot (coming from a 21 CC) But I dont want a strictly fishing boat as I use it more for cruising and want an overnight cabin. How is the cabin comforts? Can I see pics of your boat?
Did you get the 2400 SCR? I was thinking about getting the same boat in the spring!

Todd
9Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:32 AM   #8
Ensign

2002 2400SCR w/5.7 and a bravo 3, I really like its fuel usage the worst I get is 7GPH best is about 2.5. It tops out at 40mph and cruises all day at 25. I like aft cabin. However, it can be difficult to enter/exit especially with another person in there. It can also heat up quickly as it is a small space. I have never slept on the on the v-birth. But when the v-birth is set up it takes up a lot of space down there. There really is only room for one person down below (standing) at a time, 2ppl trying to walk past each other is difficult. This is the compromise for a 8'6" beam. I don't mind it too much but you should be aware of it. Its just me and my wife no kids, and I never fish. I kind of like the ability to fold flat the helm seat, however if i had my choice (next boat) I think i would choose the ability to swivel the helm around and "join the party". Most I have had is 12 people (just putting along to our anchorage area to swim) and party. It is most comfortable with 6 and under. I use it on Lake Michigan. I never regret purchasing this boat I really could find nothing like it at this price point. Hope this helps.
jdeez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #9
Lt. JG

Thanks guys!... hows the headroom in the cabin?
Old 09-29-2011, 04:09 AM   #10
Lt. JG

I purchased a 2004 2400SE in 2009. Previous owner had equipped it for fishing ...live well. radar mast w/rockets. I truly love this boat. Guests (particularly) boat owners have been very impressed with the layout, headroom and creature comforts. 90% of the time it is just my wife and myself. No overnight guests. We love to overnight it at the marina or in one of our favorite bays if we can secure a buoy. For the size of boat, I've seen none better. I purchased this one because it was the biggest (and best-appointed) boat I could pull with my Avalanche. Now that I am in a marina (openings after years, due to the economy) I am looking to move up (28 -30). It WILL be a Maxum. Get the survey (you can usually tell by the amount of "sunburn" on various parts of the boat) but for my money, the Maxum line is wonderful. Good luck!

Mike
Mike S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #11
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSURF View Post
Thanks guys!... hows the headroom in the cabin?
I' 5' 10" - and I can stand up normally in the galley area (to my recollection!)

-BKG
bkgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #12
Lt. JG

I bought mine yesterday.. maybe bringing it home tomorow... heres a pic..Click image for larger version

Name:	320295_10150326359586731_744071730_8384671_904712262_n.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	1632
Old 10-05-2011, 02:01 AM   #13
Admiral

congrats on the new toy!!!!....

nice lookin pic!!!

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:04 AM   #14
Lt. JG

Thanks!... Im 6'2 or more... i fit right in the cabin standing up.. super happy about that. One of the biggest reasons I wanted this boat!
Old 10-05-2011, 02:13 PM   #15
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Sweet NJS - a crusier with rod holders.

Will need more pictures once you get her home.
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #16

Nice Boat. Congrats!!!

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote