Old 01-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 2400 SCR Anchor Install

I have recently purchased a 2400 SCR. My first project is to correctly mount an anchor foot brake at the bow to secure my anchor properly. Any suggestions on type and make? The previous owner kept the anchor in the aft seat storage locker. I also need to mount the anchor line inside bow anchor locker but I do not see a cleat to tie off to. How have you all secured the end of your anchor line inside the anchor locker? Are you just tying off to bow cleat after paying out the correct amount of line?

Let it be 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
Admiral

LIB1
welcome to the zoo....first off...I have never heard of a foot break for the anchor rode....not that they don't make em..I've just never heard of one....second....the anchor rode is secured in the anchor locker decking inside and there should be a piece of angle bar that has a hole in it...that's where you secure the bitter end...I tied mine to a d-ring and then secured that to the angle bar...it's actually backing for the cleat on the topside decking....and yes....pay out the required line....tie it off at the cleat..your good to go....

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:00 PM   #3
Ensign

SP

Thanks for the reply. I said brake but meant an anchor tite. It is a small metal bracket with lever that holds the anchor tight with a hook and prevents rattling while underway. I realized that my anchor will be sitting in a anchor lift bow roller so the anchor tite wouldn't be necessary.

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/WIN...chor+Tite.html
Let it be 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:28 AM   #4
Admiral

AAAAH!!!!!....one of those...I've seen em and not many people out here in the pnw use em...they just tie the anchor to the topside cleat and take off...some will use a bungie chord around the pulpit to keep the anchor in place....
I've alway thought they were a great idea....but my last 2 boats had/has an anchor wench..so that keeps the anchor locked down....

if you don't have a wench....that anchor tite or a bungie would work.....

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #5

^^^Ditto. Since I have about 25' of chain between my anchor and anchor line, I use a 'snubber'. Basically a short length of static (non-stretching line (anchor and boat line stretches)) and a chain hook. Hook the chain with the hook and tie the snubber line to the cleat.

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?...21087&id=33242

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?...21087&id=33257

I also toss a rubber bungie around the anchor and pulpit to ensure it doesn't bounc around. mostly because the flukes of the Fortress can hit the bottom of the pulpit on mine without the bungie.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

Let It Be 1, save yourself a ton of work and install a windlass with helm switch. My 2400SCR had a Horizon 400 (bought by Lewmar I think); not a huge unit nor pricey (relatively) and you may be able to do it yourself if you're handy, as they come with templates and instructions. If your bow roller is self launching as mine was, no need for any modification.