Old 06-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 2002 2400 scr Air conditioner a/c photos

I have a 2002 2400 scr that I would like to install an a/c unit into. The trouble is from the owners manual I cannot seem to determine where the factory would have installed it. I was wondering if anyone who does have one could explain where the unit is, with photos perhaps? Also, the routing/location of the wiring and water lines etc. This looks like a fairly straightforward do it yourself job. As soon as I can find where to hide the unit. Thanks

jdeez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:19 AM   #2
Ensign

Default Im in the same situation....

I have a 2004 2400 SE and I wanted to install an A/C unit. I'm a handy guy and it looks like it would be straight forward. (this is my first boat... should have purchased one with a A/C its way to hot down there to enjoy sleeping in the summer time in NY) As I started to looking online for some help there is not much out there. From doing a little searching it looking like you remove the refrigerator and the unit sits behind it. One post said you can remove the TP holder in the bathroom and see down inside where it would sit. At the boat show there was a bunch of "dealers" that sold the A/C units that wanted to do the install package for around $5K. My boat is wrapped up for the winter, Im going to tackle this project in a month or so. Just wish I could find someone that has it already factory installed so I could see photo's of the unit, where the lines go...ECT....

Any info that I can pass along I will.... I'll post photo's when Im done ..

ggrant119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #3

Weclome aboard ggrant119!!! Mine is under the vberth, so I can't help you there. I do believe you are correct that it is behind the fridge.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote