Old 02-01-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 2000 Maxum 2800 SCR

I bought a 2000 Maxum 2800SCR Sport Cruiser in March of 2009. I keep it at Lake Murray in Columbia, SC. We have had a lot of fun with the boat so far. I just wanted to post a note to anyone out there that has the same boat and let them know I am willing to share information about the boat and our experiences.

Carolina Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:32 AM   #2
Admiral

Hi CD...welcome to the zoo....

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:07 PM   #3
Ensign

We also picked up a 2000 2800scr in March last year and have loved everybit of it.

Cruzan Queen
Home Port "Osage Beach, Mo"
tazer58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

I have a 2001 2900SCR but I think its basically the same boat but a foot longer.
Cymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:21 AM   #5
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazer58 View Post
We also picked up a 2000 2800scr in March last year and have loved everybit of it.

Cruzan Queen
Home Port "Osage Beach, Mo"

dont tell me your the husband of carolina.........(hahaha)

BUT TO ALL OF YOU....LOTS OF FUN WITH THE BOAT YOU OWN

greatz, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:10 PM   #6
Ensign

Good day,

I also bought a 2001 MAxum 2900 SCR in August 2009. So far, I am very pleased with the boat. I live in Canada and our boating season is unfortunately quite short.... I was wondering if any of you had installed a small flat screen/dvd combo in your boat. Do you have an optimal setup in mind? What about installing one outside as well? Any thoughts?

Thank you and have a great season!
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:57 PM   #7
Lt. Commander

Simon,

I actually removed the TV. The way I see it I bought the boat to spend more time with my wife and kids and TV's are always a distraction. Its funny but we just talk more now. :-) The only thing I'm looking at doing is upgrading the stereo and when I did some looking, someone made the suggestion of integrating an iPad. Interesting idea and I'm going to look into it a bit more.
Cymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:15 PM   #8

Cool You read my mind..

Simon, this is the next major upgrade for my Bella Sera. I am replacing the the entire dvd/vhs 9" tube TV above the Range/oven and planning on replacing it with a 20" LCD/DVD Combo unit and a cock pit radar wing mounted 20" (that will be fed from the Cabin unit) and make it easiliy removable with quick disconnect cables and sea worthy receptacle with rain cover. I am also going to intergrate the sound through the ten speaker Bose with 12" sub to get the most from the sound.

Should be stylin after this latest plan. I will document it with pics for those interested to take a look at her after I breath on the A/V in the next comming weeks.

Bella Sera
Bella Sera 3300SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #9
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymru View Post
Simon,

I actually removed the TV.
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:46 PM   #10

Its a Cruiser thing, you wouldnt understand.....
Old 05-19-2010, 02:49 AM   #11
Ensign

Thank you for the info. Please do send pictures for your outside setup.
Simon
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymru View Post
Simon,

I actually removed the TV. The way I see it I bought the boat to spend more time with my wife and kids and TV's are always a distraction. Its funny but we just talk more now. :-) The only thing I'm looking at doing is upgrading the stereo and when I did some looking, someone made the suggestion of integrating an iPad. Interesting idea and I'm going to look into it a bit more.

Same here (though I don't have kids). I used to hike, backpack, fish, ride dirtbikes, snow ski, ice climb (and a bit of moutaineering), backcountry canoe-camp. All without my wife. I would be out of the for the entire day either Sat. or Sunday and frequently head out on Friday night to return on Sunday night. Before I bought a boat I was going to get a street bike, until the wife pointed out that it was another expense that only I would enjoy and give me another reason to be gone for the weekend.

so, I bought a boat that we could both enjoy spending our money and time on together. I wanted a tv, she didn't. Instead we play cards and talk, along with a lot of drinking . We never had a marriage problem, but had no idea how much closer this time together would bring us. After a couple of years, we find ourselves turning off the TV at home more and playing cards and talking and doing projects together. It turns out a boat is the best marriage counselling going (and the most expensive).

Turn off the TV and spend time with your family!!!!

PS- Yes the signature (below) is just a joke I like and not a paradox to my statement above.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #13
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

I forget which boat you have Shrew.....
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:36 PM   #14

Smile sorry I couldnt resist!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
Same here (though I don't have kids). I used to hike, backpack, fish, ride dirtbikes, snow ski, ice climb (and a bit of moutaineering), backcountry canoe-camp. All without my wife. I would be out of the for the entire day either Sat. or Sunday and frequently head out on Friday night to return on Sunday night. Before I bought a boat I was going to get a street bike, until the wife pointed out that it was another expense that only I would enjoy and give me another reason to be gone for the weekend.

so, I bought a boat that we could both enjoy spending our money and time on together. I wanted a tv, she didn't. Instead we play cards and talk, along with a lot of drinking . We never had a marriage problem, but had no idea how much closer this time together would bring us. After a couple of years, we find ourselves turning off the TV at home more and playing cards and talking and doing projects together. It turns out a boat is the best marriage counselling going (and the most expensive).

Turn off the TV and spend time with your family!!!!

PS- Yes the signature (below) is just a joke I like and not a paradox to my statement above.

Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya; Kum bay ya, the Lord, kum bay ya; Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya, O Lord, kum bay ya. Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya;

LMAO!! sorry I couldnt resist!!!!!!!

Bella Sera
Old 06-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #15
Ensign

I am getting my 2800 scr this friday and I cant wait!!!!!!!!!

Steve
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss3964spd View Post
i forget which boat you have shrew.....
1997 2800 scr
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #17
Ensign

I'm in the hunt for a 27-30 cruiser and strongly considering the Maxum 2800 (also looking at Regal, Searay and others). Any comments, good or bad on the Maxum? I am on the west coast of FL and will be making some runs to the Keys. Also, I've decided on the single, merc bravo III for fuel efficiency and to keep the maintenance down.

Any comments appreciated.
mguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #18
Admiral

nope...sounds like a good choice for a boat too me!!!.

definitely get the maxum.......nice boats....will take way more water than you can....

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 01-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #19
Ensign

I'm looking for an SCR 2800, anyone know of one for sale? Any comments about single v twin? I'm leaning single, my friends think I'm crazy.
mguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #20
Admiral

I had the 2700SCR ...2003 model yr....6.2lter b3 drive engine...that thing would take us anywhere..it was solid...great seakeeper....all around great boat...just a bit smallish for me...however ...if you make sure it's maintained and tuned properly...it will take you anyplace...I'd look for a single engine but definitely go with a b3 drive...so much better ...

I could turn the boat in it's length with a b3 drive.....couldn't do that with my 2455 bayliner alpha 1 drive.....

SP

Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang