Old 08-16-2011, 11:27 AM   #21
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoffey View Post
Doesn't look too far off from this 1990 2100SC.
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...00-Sc-99195043
The axle actually looks further forward than your and the bunks seem a bit longer but the angle is not quite the same so maybe I am seeing things.
If you look at the bow it not evin touching the roller.

9Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #22
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoffey View Post
Well that's not good. You should not be able to lift the bow off the front roller with just 2 fingers. Curious if when you lift it like this, is the boat lifting off the front end of the bunks or are you raising the tongue and it is tilting at the axle? The pics seem to show it is pretty far up on the bunks and the bunks are not that short. The axle seems to be towards the stern a bit but have no idea where the C of G is on that. I have the dual axle and yours seems to be close to where my rear axle is (and even seems centered on the bunk). Not sure at this point, still probably good to scale it and check tongue anyway so to see how much she weighs. We know a single axle can only do about 4000 MAX.
The tongue of the trailer is not moving at all....just the boat!

Old 08-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #23
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Hmmm. With the boat on the trailer the transom should be on the bunks and the bow should be against the roller. If the winch and roller are adjusted correctly the winch cable/strap should have a completely, or nearly so, straight pull so that when the bow is snugged up against the roller the eye ends up just below the roller.

Here's a quick test for ya Todd. With the boat loaded but the trailer disconnected from the truck, use the tongue jack to raise/lower the tongue so that it is at the height it would be if it were hitched to the truck. Now, if you can easily pick up the tongue then you don't have enough tongue weight - the boat is too far back on the trailer. If you can't easily pick up the tongue, but can still easily wiggle the bow around, then I'd guess that the bunks don't extend far enough forward to support the bow, or something on the trailer is flexing like crazy - like the bunks themselves (possibly rotted) or the brackets that hold the bunks to the trailer.

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #24
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss3964spd View Post
Hmmm. With the boat on the trailer the transom should be on the bunks and the bow should be against the roller. If the winch and roller are adjusted correctly the winch cable/strap should have a completely, or nearly so, straight pull so that when the bow is snugged up against the roller the eye ends up just below the roller.

Here's a quick test for ya Todd. With the boat loaded but the trailer disconnected from the truck, use the tongue jack to raise/lower the tongue so that it is at the height it would be if it were hitched to the truck. Now, if you can easily pick up the tongue then you don't have enough tongue weight - the boat is too far back on the trailer. If you can't easily pick up the tongue, but can still easily wiggle the bow around, then I'd guess that the bunks to entend far enough forward to support the bow or something on the trailer is flexing like crazy - like the bunks themselves (possibly rotted) or the brackets that hold the bunks to the trailer.

Dan
OK I'll check it out when I get home tonight.
Todd
Old 08-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #25
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss3964spd View Post

Here's a quick test for ya Todd. With the boat loaded but the trailer disconnected from the truck, use the tongue jack to raise/lower the tongue so that it is at the height it would be if it were hitched to the truck. Now, if you can easily pick up the tongue then you don't have enough tongue weight - the boat is too far back on the trailer. If you can't easily pick up the tongue, but can still easily wiggle the bow around, then I'd guess that the bunks don't extend far enough forward to support the bow, or something on the trailer is flexing like crazy - like the bunks themselves (possibly rotted) or the brackets that hold the bunks to the trailer.

Dan
Ok, I lowered tongue so that it is at the height it would be if it were hitched to the truck. Took everything I had to try and pick it up. The boat however, i can pickup with two fingers. I also inspected the Bunks and they are like new. I did notice that the whole trailer flexes as I pickup the bow of the boat. Everything looks to be in great shape. No corrosion issues or damage. Just a lot of flex. Soooooo I am thinking that the trailer my not be rated for the weight of the boat. I think I am going to take it to a dealer and see what they say.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:45 PM   #26
Ensign

Cool 1998 2100sc 3200lbs plus your stuff

My brochure from when new states 3100 lbs dry. Nothing on it. So I have a tandem axle trailer rated for 4400 lbs. It is a roller trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg  
wooolffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #27
Commander

Oh WOW, thats almost twice what I thought.... I wish I knew what my trailer was rated at. but the more I think about it... The trailer I have is not rated for the weight of the Boat. I'll be heading to a dealer this friday to find out. I'll post what they tell me!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #28
Commander

I sent a email to http://www.maxumcustomercare.com/ and here's what they sent me 1992_Maxum_trailer_matrix.pdf I also have 1992_Maxum_2100SC_.pdf344.3 KBX 1992_Maxum_Runabouts.pdf But I can't figure out how to upload them here (too big I think) if any wants a copy please give me your email and I'll send it to you. The Boat weighs 2570 Lbs (Dry) and the trailer I should be using is a WT20P1B or WT20G1B.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:48 AM   #29
johnmartin348

You have not mention the weight of your boat.So it is difficult to say which trawler you need. But you can contact dealer they will give you proper advice.