Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Boats
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-26-2010, 10:49 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Lightbulb Replacement Seat Base/Slider Panels Needed - '92 Maxum 1800SR

I'm trying to locate replacement panels for the lounge seats on my '92 Maxum 1800SR. One that I have removed (was completely busted loose - plastice failure) had only a plain white label with a part number 50602 and manufactured by Accurate Plastics, Inc. I have not had any look by trying the Google search for Accurate Plastics, there are many in the U.S. and abroad. Trudeaus - Spokane, WA tried to help but they came up empty except to say that some after market parts might work. They had no supplier to direct me to though. I purchased my boat new in 1992 and have done my best in keeping it in excellent condition. Lookiing for help in locating these boat seat base/slider panels. Appreciate any help that the Maxum Owners Club can provide.
Dean
I have uploaded a picture taken with the seat in the lounge position and the part(s) in question visible. That photo has been added to my album which is public. Check it out.

deanries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:24 AM   #2
Admiral

are you talking about the black pan here??....can maybe use some starboard???..you can get a piece of it and cut it to shape with a jig saw...or are you talking about the cover on the outside that hides that black piece??..

guess I'm not seeing the problem here....a bit more splainin might help out..
SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:21 AM   #3
Lt. Commander

seapuppy - I am in search of the black panel that is attached to the seat base with screws. The part is identical on each seat base of the sun lounger seat set-up in my '92 1800SR. The plastic fails in the recessed areas where it attaches to the plywood base of the seat. Makes for a wobbly, unsafe seat. Thanks for your reply and appreciate any help.
deanries
Old 12-28-2010, 04:44 AM   #4
Lt. JG

Is there any way you could do some fiberglassing on the inside of the panel to repair it?
Old 12-29-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
Lt. Commander

Hogger - Thanks for the reply & suggestion. Yes, I may have to repair the panels with some fiberglass repair. My hope was to find some replacement panels rather than repair them. Still hoping for that "needle in the haystack" that I'll find the replacements somewhere out there. Happy New Year to all my Maxum owner friends. Can't wait for the summer of 2011 to get back out on my boat, winter is always too long!
deanries
Old 12-29-2010, 06:26 PM   #6

Try Here:

if you need to speak to a maxum customer service..please call 360-435-8957
or email them at
boathelp@usmboats.com

There are many cross-referenced Bayliner parts that have different product numbers, but are identical and interchangeable with Maxum parts. you might get lucky. who cares if it's grey instead of black. Just a thought.
shrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:59 PM   #7
Lt. Commander

shrew - Yeh, don't care if they are grey and thanks for the contact info. I would have thought that Trudeaus would have checked for cross reference to Bayliner parts but maybe they didn't. Thanks, I'll post the results. Thanks!
deanries
Old 01-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #8
Lt. Commander

All - Well my search to US Marine has come up empty, they say "no replacements are available, so sorry". That came from Patricia Hanson, Parts Manager with US Marine. Looks like good ole American ingenuity will have to come up with a fix! Any suggestions out there of an adhesive that will work with that plastic and hold up? Appreciate everone's help to this date. "Go Big or Go Home"
deanries
Old 04-12-2011, 01:14 AM   #9
Lt. Commander

Lightbulb Good Ole American Ingenuity

Hey All,
Well when you are left to come up with a repair method the mind has to work overtime. Thanks to Locite Corp and their epoxy for plastic I think I've made repairs that will work. Biggest concern now is "will it hold up to the abuse of the boarders, etc" that make home in my boat during the summer. Found the hinges between the seat bases and backs completely broke thru. May have found some from Vaeda that will work, waiting for the info on where these hinges can be purchased. That's how this is going for now, just running out of time to get it all back together and on the water.
Dean, (deanries) "Go Big or Go Home"
Old 05-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #10
Lt. Commander

Thumbs up Seat Rehab

Hi All,

Well this project has definitely become more involved and time consuming that I thought it would be. Had to replace the plywood seat base panels also (starting to rot from old age / 1992). Did have some luck in replacement seat skins. Thanks to Jeanette Hamilton @ usmboats.com, she sent me the contact info for Canvas Plus who has the patterns/upholstery rights from Maxum. Hope to have it all back together by the end of May. Tackling only the port side for now, not enough time to get both sides done. Well, another project for the next offseason. Keep on boatin!
"Go Big or Go Home"
Dean (deanries)
Old 05-16-2011, 01:00 AM   #11
Admiral

thanks for the report out dean....

pic's would be nice..

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #12
Lt. Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy View Post
thanks for the report out dean....

pic's would be nice..

SP
seapuppy-

Sorry, I still need to upload them from the camera. Hope to do so soon and I'll post some then. Should receive the new skins for the lounge seats later this week so I might wait till those photos are in the can. Stay tuned!
"Go Big or Go Home"
Dean (deanries)
Old 07-06-2011, 01:36 AM   #13
Lt. Commander

Smile Lounge Seat Slider Panel / Seat Rehab '92 1800SR

Hi there Fellow Maxum Owners,

Finally good news to report and some photos to boot. All the effort and online searching paid off and made it all worthwhile. My hat is off to Jeannette Hamilton @ usmboats.com and Kim @ CanvasPlus (346-435-0932 / Arlington, WA). The new lounge seat and jump skins are like new, factory replacements, extremely happy. I've uploaded some photos of the project to my album and have more to resize and upload. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00586.1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1316Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00593.1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1317Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00596.1.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1318Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00599.1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1319Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00601.1.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	1320
I'll be back later.
"Go Big or Go Home"
Dean (deanries)
Old 02-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #14
Lt. Commander

Cool Boat Seat / Interior Part II

Hi All -

Back at the winter work and completing the right/starboard side lounge seats. Also getting new skins for the bow cushions. Canvas Plus in Washington state does fine work guy's/gal's (canplus@aol.com, attn: Kim). The lounge seat hinges that I purchased from Vaeda worked as well (offset - cushion to seat back).
Got to get this online and get ready for the St. Louis boat show. Hope to have a great time. Come on warmer weather!

Dean Ries ("Go Big or Go Home")
Old 06-02-2012, 01:51 AM   #15
Lt. Commander

Back Again-

Well the right side rehab is complete, finished the first weekend in May. Damn it looks good! The reskinned bow cushions make the boat look new. I've got lots of photos but no way to size them. We lost our Photoshop on our PC and I haven't reloaded as of yet. Once that is done I'll post them and let you all know. Hope to be out on the water this weekend and get her wet. Have a great summer!
Dean (deanries) "Go Big or Go Home"