Old 01-22-2017, 05:44 PM   #1
Ensign

Cool Performance

We have just purchased our 1st boat 96 maximum bow rider 3.0 mercuruise family of 5 my wife myself and 3 children at home looking for some advice wanting to learn to ski and do some tubing with the children, is there enough power in this set up for that and what would be the max speed that you could expect I'd everything is working properly?

Bigg Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:58 PM   #2
Admiral

Bigg Joe sorry to say your 3.0 is designed for light loads. Make sure the engine is properly tuned and you have a prop that is pitched to grab and pull and not speed to help you.

I don't want to sound negative but I think you will be looking for a boat with a V-8 soon.

Good luck

Roger

biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:32 PM   #3
Lt. JG

on my 1800mx with the 3.0L i went from a 21 to 19 pitch for more low end power. I didnt notice any top speed difference, and gained low end power. It made it much easier to pull adults out of the water when wakeboarding. Tubing should be easier, as the tube is on top of the water. A bigger engine will also let the boat plane faster. When my boat is loaded pretty full, i have passengers move to get the boat to plane LOL. There is no replacement for displacement though of course! My boat is an '06 and its top speed is in the low 40's if that helps...Happy boating!
gotachvy70 is offline   Reply With Quote