Old 05-02-2015, 12:07 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Maxum 1800MX Nav Light/Anchor Light Switch

Guys can anybody help me with this. It's driving me nuts. My Nav/anchor light switch threaded part is broken so the brushed aluminium toggle cover has fallen out. The inside toggle part of the switch is still there but it seems to operate as a momentary on/off/momentary on switch where I would have thought it should be on/off/on. It is an 8 spade switch carling pt no 0323. Have been to Carling site and Great Lakes skipper. GLS has a momentary on/off/momentary on 8spades but this doesn't seem right. Can anybody point me in the right direction.

Cheers
Paul

pthiemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:26 AM   #2
Admiral

Agree the only momentary switch would be for a horn.

Maxum and Bayliner tended to use same components, try a bayliner dealer or if none in your area you may want to replace all the switches with something local that fit the need.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:48 AM   #3
Lieutenant

I replaced my nav/anchor light. An 8 pole switch. The handle broke off. I couldn't find a switch anywhere. Online or driving around town... Fisheries supply (in Seattle.... Fisheriessupply.com)had one.... Black instead of brushed... But the same switch. I would give them call with the number and see how they do.....

Good luck with the search!

Rocky
Sled600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 05:10 AM   #4
Ensign

Thanks for the tip. That's the one the 8pole toggle Nav light switch. They must have destroyed all the spares when the boats were finished. I'm in oz so a little difficult. Shouldn't be so hard to find a damn switch!
Old 05-02-2015, 05:43 AM   #5
Lieutenant

I thought the same thing.... I got it out, it had number. I thought it would be 5 minute online search..... I was into it a couple weeks...driving all over Seattle from one marine supply house to another. But...l this is when I found fisheries supply. I call them the " Home Depot" for boats. They do things worldwide... Might be worth a shot.
Sled600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:55 AM   #6
Ensign

Found one on ebay!
Old 05-14-2015, 06:16 AM   #7
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthiemann View Post
Found one on ebay!

Hello there - first post to the forum - I too have had the mis-fortune of having not one othese switches fail, but three!!

They all fail on the black plastic thread part, and one toggle switch (bilge pump) just stuck and couldnt be rocked on on or off!

I have been searching, again it is a carlin technologies part no. I have found them on eBay but they are all in the states and looking to be about £20 per switch!! This is getting to be very costly!!

I am living in Wales, United Kingdom - having a nightmare with getting a spark on my boat - it just keeps turning and turning, but I think this is a discussion for another section!!!
David Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:16 AM   #8
Ensign

Hey David. Sounds like it is a typical problem with these switches. I too had 4 fail. I ended up getting them from Great Lakes Skipper in the States. About $10 each but shipping was $50 to get to OZ. They're in and all fixed with a couple of spares just in case. Got the Nav lights and anchor lights one of the net on ebay. Good luck. Maybe Carling need to up their standards a little.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:12 PM   #9
Ensign

I found the 8-pole toggle made by Sierra on Boaters Plus
they have 146 in stock

donutman48 is offline   Reply With Quote