Old 01-31-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Gel coat and stickers Maxum 2200 SR3

Hi I don't know if anybody can help? I have a Maxum 2200SR3 which I bought new in 2007 in the UK, fantastic boat can't tell you how much use it's had, even with the weather.
However it got some superficial damage on the side last year and I need some gel coat and a replacement for one of the "transfer/sticker" things on the side.
I know the Maxum brand is no more, but are there any sources of gel and "transfer/sticker" things.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received

Thanks

Stuart

StuMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
Admiral

Stuart..
welcome to the zoo.....gel coat can be repaired very easily by an experienced fiberglass repair tech.....it's really easy and they can do it to match ....

the stickers are still available thru a few places ..however over in england it might be a bit tougher to get....

you should be able to go to either searay or call a shop here and have your complete hull number avail..they can in turn order the item but shipping might be a problem...the graphics are still available......

im me and I can give you some contact number for someone here in the states...

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
Ensign

Hi SP

Thanks for the welcome.

I've asked a couple of fibre glass people here and they are concerned that a colour match will be very difficult because the colour panels are yellow

Ideally they would like me to obtain some "patch paste" (think this was what they said) or gel coat from the manufacturer.

Would anybody over there be able to help ?

You've said to "im" you for contact details of people who may be able to help with stickers, I'm probably being a bit stupid here, but what is "im" ?

Many thanks

Stuart
StuMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
Admiral

stu..
matching gel coat in yellow is really easy for a good glasser...I'd do some checking around ....the gel coat comes in white and yellow is added to match the color....really...it isn't hard.....

yep...you need to get your full hull number or HIN from the stbd stern of the boat....then go to your local bayliner/searay parts dealer and they can order the sticker for you......if you still can't get any satisfaction over the pond..

I have a guy that is willing to order the part...but he can't ship it too you ...so a middle man would have to be inducted....(for enough beer...I might be able to fill that spot!!just kidding)....anyway...the part costs about 200 buck US and then there is shipping ...

to contact me ...select my name here and it will take you to a panel....type anything in the panel and it will alert me at the top of the main page....

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #5

I believe that MAxum called that gelcoat color "Dream White" (what's in a name?). that being said, to my knowledge they are still selling the Dream White gelcoat. A Searay or Bayliner dealer should be able to hook you up with some.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote