Old 02-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
CLV
Ensign

Lightbulb Fitting Aux to 2100sc3 ??

Hi all. I have an 08 2100sc3 with the standard swim platform. I would like to fit a 2 stroke outboard to troll with as I use the boat on lakes only. Can anyone recommend a proven method to do this or know of any attachments that can be bought please? The outboard weighs 28lbs and I was thinking of mounting it off the swim platform so that I can easily remove it anytime - its only going to be used for trolling purposes. I am not too concerned about steering with the aux outboard as most trolling is in straightish lines and can use the outdrive to create enough pressure to steer with so its just a question of how best to mount the outboard on the 2100 sc3 swim platform .Thanks!

CLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
Captain

here is a link, thats the way it's usely done

http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=h...w=1280&bih=685

succes, ed

ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
CLV
Ensign

thanks but that is for transom mounting - I want to mount on the swim platform as the 2100 does not have a vertical transom per se.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #4
Captain

just click 1 time on the link, not double then you'll see a system that go's on the platform

greatz, ed
Old 02-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
Captain

http://www.allesvoordeboot.nl/contents/nl/d697.html

scroll the page down to the 9th foto, it says it's specially made and turnable for outboard motors with a max of 15 hp,

greatz, ed
Old 02-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #6

I'm curious what your goal is here. I know you said you want to troll. I know that there are a large number of folks out there that are interested in doing this for a variety of reasons. I see the two most popular reasons being 1) Trolling and 2) Secondary/'get-home' engine. I mean NO offense in this, but to to me this looks a bit like 'hole in the bucket' scenario, where seeking to solve problem one, leads to problem 2, and so on.

I'd be concerned about things like beign able to adequately control the boat. either you're out on the swim platform steering and controlling throttle, which sounds like you will have a 'line of sight' issue. OR, you are trying to steer at the helm using the outdrive and have no ability to control Fwd/ Revers or throttle. In order to do the latter, would then require that you run out onto the swim platform, temporarily operating without nobody at the helm. Once on the platform, one slip and you now have a vessel under power with a MOB situation. This would also give you limited control and responsiveness since you're not actually steering with the drive providing power.

I honestly don't like this from any perspective other than you can use less fuel trolling with a small outboard. The question is, how much less fuel? Is it really worth it? Unfortunately, boating is an excercise in compromise. Express cruisers make poor fishing boats, and fishing boats, typically make poor cruisers (unless you start getting into LARGE sportfisher's). Either can get the other job done, with some compromise.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #7
CLV
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
I'm curious what your goal is here.............................but to to me this looks a bit like 'hole in the bucket' scenario, where seeking to solve problem one, leads to problem 2, and so on.
The goal is to catch lake trout and the hole in the bucket scenario is not catching trout! ;-)) The latter seems to apply for me!!! I only have a 3hp aux that I simply want to run to troll on a big wide protected lake 164sqkms, instead of putting hours on my main and burning gas on a 5L V8. - Appreciate your concerns but we are not fishing for large fish at sea, my wife and I are simply trolling at low speed for trout and the boat is being used for multi use fun from fishing to waterskiing to reading books on a lazy afternoon to just simply going for a blat.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #8
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLV View Post
...wife and I are simply trolling at low speed for trout and the boat is being used for multi use fun from fishing to waterskiing to reading books on a lazy afternoon to just simply going for a blat.
I'm diggin the idea. One of those L shaped brackets from the site that Ed posted looks like it'll do the trick just fine.
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:00 PM   #9
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss3964spd View Post
I'm diggin the idea. One of those L shaped brackets from the site that Ed posted looks like it'll do the trick just fine.
all the 2400 sr/sc owners are clever and intelligent guys

beyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, ed
Old 02-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #10

Best of luck. Show us some pics when it's done.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:19 AM   #11
Ensign

Also interested in the solution to implement in 2200 SR3

cbraint is offline   Reply With Quote