Old 07-14-2012, 07:36 AM   #11
Ensign

Sorry speedo is good, temp gauge was 3rd one

Randolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #12
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randolf View Post
How did you get it apart? I tried for a couple minutes and gave up, being a sealed unit the face has a ring that ain't budging

Well for anyone reading this it searching posts, DO NOT DISCOUNT MULTIPLE GAUGE FAILURE. I have replaced the gauges and all is good.
My best guess is that a confirmed bad ground on the rear of the engine allowed the voltage regulator to spike and fried the voltage, tach, and temp gauges.
Great lakes skipper just shipped my matching gauges and I was lucky enough to drop another $200 into the boat!
Ha ha how did I get it apart, well we carefully stripped down all the seal etc around the face, used some very gentle poking and prodding to loosen the plastic cover and then seperated the part that has been plastic welded with a very hot stanley knife blade. Got it all cleaned up, glued it back together and used silicon to seal it up as well and refitted it and it looks perfect and works again, now playing with the trim gauge

proliteboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #13
Ensign

I just went through all the same issues as Randolf 2 years ago. 2 bad guages were the culprit (Tach and Temp). I thought the Speedo stopped working too, but that just turned out to be a small piece of wood that wedged itself into the pressure inlet hole. Although now my replacement Tach just went south on me again. :-( These OEM guages are really cheap quality.
Roo_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:13 AM   #14
Ensign

Send a message via ICQ to PetAC Send a message via AIM to PetAC Send a message via Yahoo to PetAC

No matter what happen...You should know it ...My dear friends..

PetAC is offline   Reply With Quote